The Revolution

Several months had passed since Ania had joined the Rebels. Whenever Ahsoka was on Lothal, they had spent the majority of their time training. Ania hadn't yet been invited on any of "Fulcrum's" missions. She had, however, been offered a place on the Ghost and was allowed to walk about without an escort, much to Kanan's disapproval. Hera had deemed her Spectre 7 and had even trusted her with a few relief missions!

    Ania wiped a bead of sweat from her brow as she set another crate onto the large pile. Today, she had been put on inventory duty. Again. Ania gritted her teeth and stacked a few more crates. "I hate this job," she growled. She glanced up to the glaring sun. A trail of smoke caught her gaze. Ania pulled a pair of monoculars off her belt and held them up. Between the cone rock formations, she spotted the source of smoke.

    An A-wing fighter was making it's way towards them, leaving a trail of smoke behind! She lowered her monoculars and turned to see Ezra running over. "Come on. Hera wants us to go after him in your ship. There could be TIE's following him!"

    Ania nodded and ran with Ezra towards the Ravager. Tolsa was already there, prepping the engines. Ania quickly took off. "Everyone sit down," she ordered.

    They breezed past the A-wing. Tolsa pointed past Ania. "Look! TIE's. Three of them!"

    Ania grinned wickedly. "Here's where the fun begins! Let's see if we can draw them out of the atmosphere so we don't attract anymore attention."

    Ania let a few shots fly at the TIE's before jerking the Ravager up. She felt her body being forced against the seat as the atmospheric pressure set in. As soon as they reached open space, Ania let out a sigh of relief. She brought the ship around, searching.

    Sure enough. The three TIE's had followed her. Ania saw her comm channel blink online. She activated it. An Imperial Pilot appeared on her holodisk. "B-Wing fighter, surrender now," the pilot said.

    "Come and get us, fly boy!" Ania replied. She switched off the comm and pointed to one of the controls. "Guns, one of you." Ezra leaped towards the controls and readied himself. Ania quickly lined the ship up with one TIE. Ezra fired a few shots and the TIE exploded in a colorful inferno.

    "Great shot!" Tolsa exclaimed.

    Ania gritted her teeth as one of the TIE's managed to hit the ship. The shields held. Ania flew in a zigzag pattern and brought the ship around, dodging more blasts. Ezra continued to fire at the TIE's. A burst of light and smoke, followed by insane beeping roused Ania's attention.

    "Blast! They hit the shields! They're powering down!" She quickly flipped a few switches and converted what remained of the shields to the cockpit. "Get ready to fire the ion lasers! We're taking them in one shot," Ania ordered. She quickly looped the ship in a barrel roll and came out behind the two TIE's. "Now!" She shouted.

    Ezra pulled the large lever and four beams of hot plasma joined into one large beam. It tore through the TIE's, leaving nothing behind. Ezra grinned wickedly. "That was fun."

    Ania shook her head. "They'd better be paying for my ship's damage." They headed back to the surface. After landing, the three of them approached Hera for debriefing.

    "Well done, you three. You took care of those TIE's pretty quick," Hera said.

    "The pilot?" Tolsa asked.

    "Alive, but not stable." Hera sighed and shook her head. "At the rate we're losing ships, Phoenix Squadron won't have enough firepower to do anything substantial."

    "I have enough to buy seven ships," Ania said suddenly. "It'll take everything I've got, but if you want, I can get you ships."

    Hera's eyes lit up. "Thank you. I'll talk it over with Commander Sato and get back to you." She nodded, dismissing them.