Narrow Escape

Ania groaned and gripped her shoulder. The blast had seared through her arm. Luckily when she spun, her lekku had flown out of the way and wasn't hit. Any closer to heart and she would have been dead. Ania struggled to sit up.

    Jax ran closer and kicked her lightsabers away, leveling his blaster at her head. "I knew you were a traitor! What was that creature? Something that works for the Empire no doubt. I can't believe General Syndulla trusted you over me!"

    Ania gripped her shoulder tighter. "That creature was someone ancient and wise. He has no part in this war." The ground rumbled ever so slightly.

    "Whatever you're doing," Jax looked at the ground, "stop now or I'll shoot! And this time, I won't miss!"

    "Jax, stand down!" Someone shouted.

    Ania looked over the ridge. Sabine and Ezra slid down the slope and ran to her. Ezra glanced at her shoulder and whirled on Jax. "What do you think you're doing? Attacking your commanding officer?"

    "But she was talking to a creature! She's a spy and a traitor!" Jax protested.

    Sabine helped Ania stand. "I am not a traitor!" Ania growled.

    "Yes, you are. You're nothing but scum!" Jax moved closer, pointing his blaster at her again. Ezra pushed him away, roughly. Ania shrugged Sabine off and moved towards Ezra. "She's brainwashed you with her powers or something! Why am I the only one who can see this? She'll be the undoing of the Rebellion!" Jax backed away and fired his blaster.

    Ania whipped her uninjured arm up, stopping the blast in its place. She flicked her finger and the blast redirected into a rock. Jax ran towards her, preparing to slam his blaster down. She sidestepped and jammed her elbow into his side.

    With a fist, she crushed the blaster into a scrap of metal. She effortlessly lifted Jax into the air. He looked around anxiously and stared at Ania's outstretched hand. "Put me down!" He ordered.

    "You are lucky that it was me in control today," Ania hissed. "If you want to see my bad side," the second voice began to appear, "just try that again!" She dropped him. Ezra slapped a pair of cuffs onto Jax's wrist and led him to a speeder. Sabine and Ania took off after them.

    After arriving back at the camp, Ania went to the med bay. The droid there applied a bacta patch to the wound and wrapped it. When it was satisfied, Ania left for the control center, where Ezra had taken Jax. Jax was seated on a chair, surrounded by Hera, Kanan, and Commander Sato.

    Ania entered the building and stood between Ezra and Sabine. "Ezra said Jax shot you and claims you are a traitor," Commander Sato said, more of a question than a statement.

    "Yes." She lifted her lekku, showing the bandaged area. "I was training and I met someone, a Force entity." Kanan's masked face turned towards her. "Jax saw me speak to the creature and he thought it was Imperial."

    "So his first response was to shoot his commander?" Sato turned to Jax.

    "That creature was enormous and not natural! There's no way it wasn't Imperial!" Jax shouted.

    "I know what creature Ania is talking about. He is not an enemy," Kanan said.

    "Very well. Jax, you will be kept here where we can keep an eye on you until we have decided what to do with you." Sato turned to Ania. "R-Squadron has a mission. Are you up for it?"

    "Always, Commander."

    "Commander Sato, Tolsa Lee is flying a relief mission today," Hera pointed out. "Their squad is down one fighter."