The Temple's Test

A few months had passed since Ezra and Ania returned from Corellia, a new ship in tow. The Rigger Class, now named Redemption, had proven a popular catch with the Rebels. As were the A-Wings Sabine had flown back to the planet. Hera had commissioned Ania as the leader of this new squadron and she had spent nearly every day preparing her pilots for battle.

      Soon after their return, the Rebels moved bases from Lothal to a new planet called Atollon. The planet remained unoccupied by Imperials, but flight of the new A-wings was still kept under scrutiny.

"Tolsa, tighten formation," Ania muttered into her wrist comm. They were in the middle of a training session on speeders. "Jax, loosen up. If you hit your wingman in a ship it's over before it begins." There was a string of muttered curses before Ania spotted one of the speeders loosening from the squad. "Good. Try running through the Snake Maneuver again."

    "Ania."

    She turned and spotted Kanan approaching her. "Yes?"

    "Ahsoka is here. She wants to see you."

    She looked back at the distant speeders, running through the maneuver like she had asked. "Squad, break formation. We're done for the day." Ania turned back to Kanan. "Well, let's go." She followed the Jedi back to the camp.

    Ahsoka was waiting for them just outside the base. "I hear your last mission was a success but you hit a little trouble," Ahsoka said as they drew near.

    "Nothing we couldn't handle," Ania replied. "Are we training today?"

    "Not quite." Ahsoka looked at Kanan for a moment. "Ezra told you about the Temple on Lothal, did he not?"

    Ania nodded. "I think he's mentioned it before. Why?"

    "When a Jedi reaches a certain point in their training, they are taken to a Jedi Temple for a test. If they pass the test, they are that much closer to becoming Jedi," Ahsoka explained. "I think you're ready to enter the Temple."

    Ania bit her lip. "I'm not sure. Ezra told me the Temple gave him visions of his worst fears. I don't know if I can make it out."

    "Facing your fears is the hardest part of any Jedi's training. I had to face mine when I left the Jedi Order and heard about the Purge. It will be difficult, but ultimately beneficial," Ahsoka replied. "Kanan and Ezra will accompany us. We should go now, while it's still early."

    Kanan nodded and set off in search of Ezra. Ania and Ahsoka quickly prepped Redemption for take off. Ania watched Ahsoka curiously. Her mother was moving her hands across the controls almost reverently and seemed lost in thought. "My master had a Rigger called the Twilight," Ahsoka said presently. "I have many memories of that ship." Footsteps clattered on the boarding ramp and Ania heard it hiss shut. She took her place in the pilot's seat. "Let the Force guide you to the Temple. Part of the test is being able to find it."

    Ania nodded and reached out. She let her senses roam through the Force until she reached Lothal. The Force was strong within the planet, that was certain. She passed one spot and felt a surge of energy within her. Ania quickly took off and jumped to hyperspace.

    When they emerged on Lothal, Ania expertly guided the to the location of the Temple. A giant cone shaped stone rose from the ground. Before it, several star charts were carved into the ground. "How do we get in?" Ania asked.

    "It is different for everyone. Listen to the Temple and it will tell you how," Ahsoka explained. The four of them disembarked.

    Ania climbed to the base of the Temple by herself. She placed her hand on the warm stone and let its energy speak to her. Many have come before you, young one. Many have passed through me, but several remain inside. Two must open me, a master and an apprentice.