Rising Darkness

"We'll take him together," Ezra whispered.

    Ania nodded and together, they lunged at Kein. The Nautolan slashed his blades at them and ducked beneath their attack. Kein whirled into a roundhouse kick. It sent Ezra flying.

    "Lord Vader will be pleased to see you again, Bonteri. You had better just come with me," Kein hissed.

    Ania gripped Ezra's arm and pulled him to his feet. "You can tell that sleemo that I'll never join him again."

"He won't like that answer very much." Kein launched several blades at them before whipping out his blaster and opening fire.

Ania dodged in front of Ezra and deflected the shots. He stretched his hands over her shoulders and a wave of the Force crashed into Kein. The bounty hunter skidded back a few feet. His black eyes seethed with rage.

"I've hunted you for so long!" He spat. "I'm done waiting!" Kein launched a shock grenade at them.

Ezra and Ania stretched a hand towards the charge as one. The charge flew back and detonated, sending jabs of electricity into Kein Rei. He cried out and pulled himself out of range.

They activated their lightsabers and stalked towards Kein. The Nautolan started at the unearthly thing he saw within their gaze. "What..." Kein pulled out two more blades, his last ones, and took a stance.

    Ania and Ezra leveled their lightsabers. Ania glanced at Ezra. He nodded briefly. She felt his presence brush against hers, and then they were one. Their lightsabers arched towards Kein. He crossed his blades, blocking the attack. Ania hooked one of his legs out from beneath him and Ezra planted a kick to his chest.

    Kein stumbled back, shocked. he glanced between the two of them. "How are you doing that?" He gasped. He slid one blade back into his boot and pulled out a blaster, firing at them. They blocked the blasts and pressed forward.

    Kein scrambled back further and hit a button on his wrist cuff. Ania paused as a familiar whine reached her montrals. "Get down!" Ania flung herself at Ezra, tackling him to the ground. Green TIE blasts hit the ground where they had stood moments before.

    A squadron of TIE's and gunships flew overhead and in the distance, several stormtroopers on speeder bikes and transports surged towards them. "You might be good, but you're not good enough to beat these odds!" Kein sneered as he backed towards the approaching stormtroopers.

    "The base!" Ezra hissed. "We've got to lead them away."

"We can steal their speeders," Ania suggested.

"Too long. Can you call Ro? We can lure them further into those mountains and try to shake them," Ezra jerked his head towards a set of mountains.

"I can try." She stepped behind Ezra and closed her eyes, letting her senses roam the planet. She vaguely heard Ezra activating his lightsaber and grab one of hers from her belt. A few blasts streaked past her, close enough that she could feel the heat they gave off.

Ro, we need your help! She called. Please, we have to escape and lead them away from our base.

"Be still, daughter. I am coming."

"Ania!"

She blinked her eyes open and whipped her shoto off her belt. Ezra tossed her lightsaber over and deflected a few more bolts. Ania quickly redirected a shot into one of the trooper transports. They took the moment to run and dodge behind one of the nearby mountains.