Shadowed Minds

Kanan stood beneath the shade of a ship, listening as Ezra and Tolsa showed Ania around the base. Nearly three days after waking up, the doctors let her up and out of the med bay. After a total of five days, she was about the camp, only doing minimal work, but it was still progress. Kanan turned his head, hearing footsteps approach.

"What's on your mind?" Hera asked.

"Them," Kanan motioned to Ezra and Ania.

"What about them?"

"Hera, I don't need my vision to know that something has changed between them."

"And you don't approve of it?" Skepticism laced her words.

"Yes, no, I don't know. I trust Ania now, but with all the visions and warnings she's been having lately, as well as their link, I'm worried she'll only pull Ezra into danger."

"Kanan, I don't think she would intentionally take him somewhere dangerous if she knew he might not make it out alive. Besides, he's lost enough to the Empire. He needs something constant in his life," Hera reasoned.

"He has us. Isn't that constant enough?"

Hera raised an eyebrow. "I guess I'll just leave then. If he doesn't need her, then you surely don't need me."

"Ok, I get your point, but still."

"Ezra has to make his own decisions. We have to trust him to make the right one and help him if it isn't."

Kanan sighed and turned back to them. "I know."

"Wait, so that's why Agent Kallus became Fulcrum?" Ania asked, disbelief showing in her eyes.

Ezra and Tolsa nodded. "I couldn't believe it at first either," Tolsa said. "It makes sense, though."

"Yeah, it makes sense. I just didn't expect it."Ania blinked, astonished.

"We've received another relief effort transmission. You're up now," a voice crackled through Tolsa's wrist comm.

"Oh, I gotta go. Bye!" Tolsa waved over her shoulder as she ran towards the command center.

"She's becoming pretty important around here," Ania observed.

"Yeah, she really has."

"You know, I've been thinking about something lately."

Ezra looked at her skeptically. "This could be bad."

"No one here is going to be able to help me figure out the whole Mortis issue I've got going on. I was thinking, what if I find someone who can help me? Someone who has been there," Ania said.

"Ahsoka said it was only her, Master Skywalker and Master Kenobi," Ezra pointed out.

"Right, and Master Kenobi is still alive. What if I go to Tatooine and ask him to tell me what he can? He's been there so he'll know more than anyone else right now."

Ezra furrowed his brow, but nodded. "If that's what you need to do, then it sounds like a good plan. When do you think you'll leave?"

"Soon, hopefully. I don't know how long I'll stay with Master Kenobi, so it would be better if I leave in a few days."

"Hera said something about our crew going back to Lothal."

"What about Tolsa? She could come with me, but I don't know if she'd want to."

"Well, you should ask her whenever she gets back." Ezra smiled at her, briefly.

"I will." She nudged him with her shoulder. "But for now, I need to do some training. Want to help?"