Wolf Call

She ran as fast as her legs could carry her. Massive paws thundered in her wake. Ania risked a glance back and caught sight of glinting teeth. She ran faster, urging herself towards the approaching mountains.

    Ania grabbed an outcropping on one of the mountains and swung herself around. The beast behind her skidded to a halt and whirled back towards her. Ania's eyes widened in fear and she began running again. With a bound, she sent herself flying up onto another ledge. The beast sat down below her and stared.

    She gasped, staring into the yellow eyes. Ania slowly calmed her racing heart and reached towards the animal. It closed its eyes as she rested her palm on its forehead. The connection snapped in place instantly. The wolf opened her eyes and motioned for Ania to follow her.

    Ania stood and tried to move, but found her legs leaden. The wolf padded slowly away as the vision became blurry around her. Ania reached towards her, but at last let herself withdraw.

    "Hey, are you back?" Tolsa peered at her intently.

    Ania shook the fuzziness from her mind. "Yeah. What're we looking at?"

    They were crouched beside the cement speedways just outside of Lothal City. Their speeders hovered behind several of the nearby mountains, thoroughly hidden from sight. It had been a few days since Kanan had died and gradually, things were returning to normal.

    "The transport will be here any minute now," Tolsa whispered.

    "Right. Isn't there supposed to be a supply transport after it?"

    Tolsa huffed impatiently. "Did you really forget the plan?" Ania grinned sheepishly. "You hijack the prisoner transport while I handle the supplies. Sabine will fly Ezra in as soon as we're in the clear, then she'll guard our flank. Rex is coming in on another speeder."

    "Got it." Ania wrapped a hand around one of her blasters as the whirring of a transport drew near. Tolsa nodded to her and Ania quickly sprinted towards the large overpass that towered above the speedways. With a bound, she pushed herself atop the overpass and crouched down. Two AT-ST's stood beneath her. I'll have to jump when the transport gets to the other side, Ania thought to herself.

    She spotted the transport, quickly approaching. Ania shimmed to the other side of the overpass, still on her stomach. The transport flew straight between the legs of the walker. Ania leapt without a second thought. She hit the roof of the transport with a thud and coughed.

    "Help us, please!" Someone cried out. Ania bent over the side of the transport. Three workers were locked onto its side. "Hang on. I'll get you out of here," Ania said reassuringly. She ducked back as the transport door hissed open and the co-pilot poked his head out.

    Ania seized the opportunity. She wrapped her hands around the open doorway and kicked the co-pilot back inside. Ania quickly jumped in after him and closed the door behind her. With a wave of her hand, the other door opened and the co-pilot screamed as he was sucked out of the transport.

    The pilot turned his head and raised his hands defensively. "Hey, you're not authorized to be here!"

    Ania rolled her eyes. "Oh please. As if that ever stopped me." She raised her blaster and quickly stunned the pilot before throwing him out of the transport as well. Ania sealed both doors shut and activated the autopilot while she searched out the tracking beacons and bugs within the transport. She swiftly destroyed them all.

    She ran back to the rear visor. Tolsa had already taken control of the second transport. Two speeders emerged behind Tolsa's transport. Ania narrowed her eyes. "Why aren't they flying in?" Sabine and Ezra were riding the speeders they had left hidden earlier.