Rescued

Rex finished strapping one of the Mandalorian jet packs to his back and moved towards Feton. The crime lord lowered his monoculars. "There are guards everywhere outside the walls. They'll see us coming," Feton growled.

    "Not if we're at a high enough altitude."

    "If we go too high our jet packs with combust."

    "Then we'll just go high enough that they can't hear us coming," Rex pointed out.

    Feton nodded and signaled his men. They activated their jet packs and took off. Rex flew towards the front of the group. They dodged a few speeders, but luckily, the prison wasn't near a busy airway. They flew over the wall and dropped onto the catwalks. The stormtroopers were swiftly silenced. Three Mandos stayed on the catwalks while the others moved on ahead.

    Two stormtroopers began firing at them when they approached the door. Rex pulled out his own blasters and hit both troopers. One of the Mandos stepped up to the door and bypassed the security protocols. Two men stayed behind in the hallway.

    "What level is she on?" Feton ran alongside Rex.

    "Don't know. I figured I'd follow the stormtroopers. They'll probably be moved to her cell as soon as they know we're here."

    They rounded the corner and stunned more stormtroopers. One of their comms went off. "TK-4216, what was the disturbance? TK-4216 please respond. TK-4216 where are you?"

    Rex kept running but heard the final comment in the distance. "Blast it! Someone go find Kevin!"

    "I think they know we're here," he called to Feton.

    "Wait!" Feton held up a hand, stopping them. Footsteps echoed through the next hallway, but didn't come closer. Feton glanced at Rex.

    "They're heading to her cell." Rex didn't wait for Feton. He took off running. Feton signaled to three of his troops to remain. The last two followed him.

    Rex rounded the corner and blaster fire erupted around him. He ducked behind one of the outlying doorways and fired a few shots. Feton and two Mandalorians dodged into the hallway, ducking behind walls for cover. More stormtroopers came from the other direction.

    "Shock grenade!" Rex hollered. He launched one of his own at the troops guarding the door. The grenade shot off in an explosion of electricity. The stormtroopers fell as soon as the electricity disappeared. He glanced the other way in time to see the same thing happen to the other stormtroopers.

    By now, alarms were blaring. "Go! We'll cover you," Feton ordered.

    Rex nodded and blasted the control panel next to the door. It hissed open. He crept inside cautiously. An electrolined table faced a window. "Ania," Rex whispered. He went around the front of the table. It was empty.

    The blast door hissed shut, unaffected by the damaged control panel. A woman dressed mistakably in Inquisitor armor stepped out of the shadows, a Togruta girl limp on the floor beside her.

    "I wondered when you would get here, Captain. It took you far longer than anticipated, although it would seem you were preoccupied," the Inquisitor drawled.

Rex kept his eyes on the Inquisitor. "Hey, Commander. Ready to go home?" He asked Ania.

"I'm afraid she won't be leaving any time soon," the Inquisitor drawled. Her voice was ominously garbled by the mask.

"She'll be leaving with me," Rex growled. "One way, or another."

"CT-7567, Clone Captain Rex. You served under General Anakin Skywalker and Commander Ahsoka Tano, did you not? It's a pity they're both dead. Don't worry though. You won't be kept from them much longer!" The Inquisitor laughed and slashed her crimson blade through the lights, plunging the room into utter darkness. Rex flicked on the night vision and began to creep around the room.