Skating on Thin Ice

(Maya's POV)

(Time skip to Tuesday cause nothing happens)

"MAYA!!! GET OUT OF THE BATHROOM!!!!!" Zuri screamed banging on the almost broken wooden door, splinters flying off the doors like a porcupine. Sighing, I let my hair out of it's loose bun, my soft beach wave curls flow down my shoulders to my stomach.

"MAYA!!!!" Zuri yelled once more as I pulled the door open to find Zuri go by in a flash, shutting the door quickly behind her. I carefully picked up a small brown side bag with tassels on one side and placing it around my body. Looking into the mirror, I carefully moved around my hair nervously revealing my tattoo, it's bright colors practically shining on my light skin.

"Woah, why so dressed up?" Zuri exclaimed coming out form the bathroom as I quickly slapped my hands down the my sides.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I replied as casually as I could manage turning towards Zuri.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. What's going on Maya?! You can tell me!!" Zuri cried practically begging as guilt spread throughout my body.

"I...I.." I stuttered when someone knocked on the door and Zuri let out a groan. She stomped her way to the door, pulling it open with great force.

"Who are you?" Zuri's sassy voice ringed throughout the cabin as I shifted aside to see who as at the door.

"I'm Liam, do you know where Maya is?" Liam asked questionably as I avoided Zuri's gaze and walked out with Liam.

"Wait! Maya!" Zuri called out with distress stringed through her voice as she caught my arm.

"I have to go, bye Zuri see you in a few days," I smiled before quickly turning around, "ask Griff," I whispered into her ear giving her a small hug before running to catch up with Liam's fast strides.

(Zuri's POV)

I watched as Maya walked off with a complete stranger and without thinking I ran to the grizzly cabin at full speed and pounding my fist at the door.

"Who ever you are can you please stop... Zuri?" Griff groaned before he saw me. I looked inside the cabin before storming in and plopping myself on a bed.

"Where's Maya going?" I asked looking up at Griff as he frantically looked around before relaxing and plopping on the bed across from me.

"I don't know," He asked casually making me want to punch him in the face.

"What do you mean you don't know?! She's your girlfriend! Plus she told me to ask you!" I cried as Griff let out a sigh.

"Somewhere in California or Texas, I didn't ask," Griff shrugged as if Maya hadn't just left camp with a total stranger to go to another state!

"You know she went with a guy right?" I asked trying to hit his buttons so he would be more aware of my best friend and his girlfriend.

"Yes I am aware," Griff sat up folding his hands together in a formal matter.

"Stop it Griff! This is serious! Who know's where that guy is taking her?! We might never see her again!" I cried as I threw a pillow at Griff.

"You think I don't know?! But there are rules I have to follow so this is all I can tell you: Maya is going to be safe, probably more safe than she is here, and she's coming back, I trust that guy and it's not easy to earn my trust," Griff told me knowingly as a teardrop rolled down my cheek. Kindly, Griff wiped the tear off my cheek before pulling me into a brotherly hug.

"It'll be ok, don't worry," He smiled pulling away running a hand through his hair revealing something black on his wrist, that isn't what I think it is, right?

"Griff...," I slowly asked has he flopped his hands down to his sides, "What's on your wrist?" I asked carefully as his eyes widened in panic.

"Um, nothing to be concern about," He stated quickly as I rolled my eyes and reached to grab his arm but he skillfully avoided my grip.

"Griff.. Give me your arm," I growled holding a palm out as he hid his arms behind his back.

"You need to go, like right now," Griff stuttered holding the door open for me before pushing me out and slamming the door in my face. Maya and Griff's are my best friends! they'll tell me everything, right?

What's going on? What are they hiding from me?

(Maya's POV)

"You know what to do right?" Harry asked me with a slight doubt in his eye, couldn't blame him though.

"Are you sure this is ok?," I motioned to my outfit as the three boys released a chuckle. Brandon wore a white shirt with black skinny jeans and a leather jacket, topped off with black vans. Harry wore a jean shirt/jacket, the sleeves folded up to his elbows, paired up with black jeans and a white shirt peaking out at the collar along with black combat boots. And Liam wore a grey sweatshirt with a leather jacket over it and dark blue skinny jeans white shoes.

"It's fine! Now! Stop worrying!" Brandon smiled patting me on the back. Standing up, I walked over to the full-length mirror fixing up my outfit. I wore a dark orange and white striped, knee length dress with the sleeves a few inches under my elbow. I paired my outfit off with a jean jacket and brown ankle boots.

"Um...Maya?" Brandon's voice filled my ears as I snapped my head to face him.

"What is it?" I wondered as I took my place back next to Liam as Brandon slid my phone to me.

"What the heck?!"