Hospitalized

(Maya's POV)

Just as I made it to the infirmary, I saw one of the nurses stitching up Griff's stomach. Just like a magnet his eyes shifted over to my figure before giving me a careless smile in a way of saying that it doesn't hurt. Sitting in the chair next to the beds, I waited patiently for the nurse to patch Griff up before getting up and giving him a hug.

"Are you ok?" I asked worriedly, my eyes shifting to the white cotton taped over the wound.

"Never better," Griff told me smiling.

"Don't lie to me Griff," I told him with a raised eyebrow. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it reassuringly. Sighing I dropped into the chair I was recently on with my face in my hands. mentally groaning, I moved my hands so that the cupped my cheeks, my elbows resting on my knees.

"I'm so sorry," I mumbled looking down to the ground in shame. I heard Griff's bed creak a bit against his weight.

"It's not your fault Mia," Griff cooed at me but I refused to look at him.

"Yes it is! I should of been smarter! Zuri told me he had a crush on me but I didn't believe her," I told Griff as my words got all clogged in my throat.

"Mia, look at me! None of this is your fault! You did what you thought was right. Plus, it's not your fault that dude went all psycho on me," Griff told me. He reached out to tuck a stand of hair behind my ear, groaning in the process.

"Griff, are you sure you're ok?" I asked knowing how much cuts can hurt, especially if you're not depressed.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me," Griff 'smiles'.

"Griff..." I told him in a warning tone.

"Ok, it hurts a bit, but nothing to be worried about," Griff told me.

"Griff, you don't have to act tough around me you know?" I asked him as he said nothing. Giving his hand one last squeeze, I stood up and brushed myself off.

"I'm going to tell the nurse ok?" I told Griff lightly. When I got no response, I frowned slightly before exiting the room shutting the door behind me.