Is it too late to apologize?

(Luke's POV)

I pushed the food around my plate as I the words of my siblings floated past my ears. I didn't know what came over me, I didn't even know I had a knife in my pocket! I wasn't thinking straight, at that point, all I could see at that point was red. I heard to doors to the mess hall push open as the yelling stopped. Tilting my head to the side it turned and saw Maya, who looked as if all the color had been sucked out of her. Her eyes slowly darted away from the concerns of her friend to me. Standing up, I started back at Maya's eyes. I always thought those eyes showed affection for me, but in reality, she only ever saw me as the brother of her best friends. As a tear trickled down her face she broke eye contact and pushed out of the room. Without thinking, I found my feet running out of the room following Maya, all the way to the Grizzly cabin. I watched her through the window as she collapse into a bed as her loud cried spilled out of the wooden cabin. A lightning was heard as I felt my heart split in two. looking up, a drop of water splashed on my face before millions fell along with it. Turning back to the window to see the dude I put in the hospital limping out of the bathroom, one hand clutching his wound. Maya stopped crying for a mere second. The two had a small conversation before Maya was in his arms. The two hugged as if there was no tomorrow, something I could only imagine to do with her. Sighing, I slowly walked down the steps my mind pondering on what just saw. They were perfect for each other, I just made them even closer.

"Luke?" I heard a voice call out. Just like that I felt the waterfall pouring out of my eyes. Turning around, I found Maya staring at me with the boy next to her.

"I'm sorry," I whispered before walking away in the rain.

"LUKE!" I could hear the voices of Maya and the boy, but it only made me run faster. I ran, I don't know where, but I ran, away from her, away from Maya.