The First Kiss

(Maya's POV)

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Griff asked his sheepish smile plastered on his face, his brown eyes sparkled in hope. I felt my breath hitch and word could not come out of my mouth and without thinking, I tilted my head up and placed a soft peck on his cheek before a faint blush crawled up my neck.

"Yes," I replied cheerfully as a grin plastered on my face. Griff looked as if he could practically jump out of his skin. Looking at me with his chocolate brown eyes, he smiled again before tilted his head to the side and pressing his lips to mine, my arms wrapped around his neck and his hands still on my waist. Griff pulled away slowly and I could still feel the soft, passionate kiss lingering on my lips.

"That was my first kiss," I mumbled as he looked down at my shoes.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean too...," Griff started slightly freaking out when I pulled him into a hug in a way saying that it was ok.

"May I have the pleasure of walking you back?" Griff asked holding out a hand which I happily clasped my hand to. Together we slowly walked back to camp and found most of the kids heading back to their dorm room.

"I had a great time," Griff stated as we stood in the center of the camp his boyish grin plastered across his face.

"I did too," I replied tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. I let go of his hand and started heading towards the woodchuck cabin.

"Good night Mia," Griff called out as he stared to walk away too.

"Good Night Griff," I replied not able to wipe my smile off my face. I was almost on the stairs to the woodchuck cabin when I remembered something.

"Wait Griff!" I called out causing him to turn around. I ran over towards him before pecking him on the lips.

"I'm glad you were my first kiss," I whispered as Griff's eyes enlightened.

"I'm glad too," He whispered back before I started heading towards the woodchuck cabin, the events of tonight replying in my mind.