Confessions...absolutely not!

"Let's play truth or dare, or maybe just dare because no one knows how to tell the truth anymore," - unknown

(Maya's POV)

"Your father, he escaped, and he's coming for revenge," All 4 boys breathed out a portion of the sentence. I could see they where look for my reaction, but my face was blank, everything was internal. I mean there's no way he escaped, right? Although I didn't want to believe it, I knew it was true, and there was no point in avoiding the fact. But then again, I have no control of what comes out of my mouth.

"Sure he did," I scoffed, slapping myself on the inside, curse my stupid mouth! Turning around to face the campfire once more, 7 pairs of eyes stared straight into my soul. Slightly uncomfortable, I quickly grabbed Kyle's arm and stood up.

"Okay, so maybe he did, what am I supposed to do now?!" I cried in a hush whisper. Feeling Zuri's glare on the back of my head, I turned around to give her an innocent smile, but all she did was raise an eyebrow in reply.

"Well for one, we got to get you to safety, but I doubt your friend is going to let us go so easily," Kyle muttered through his teeth as Griff to snicker as Zuri's eyes darted over to him causing him to shut up.

"And where exactly is safety?" I muttered back still smiling as Zuri's glare was soon joined by Emma's.

"well it's not here!" Mitchel whisper-shouted.

"Mayaaaaa...." she dragged her voice, making her seem completely innocent, " why don't you and your...friends sit down so we can all get to know each other?" Zuri continued gesturing over to the empty logs. Obviously this was a trick, but the boys (who are so so so so so so so clueless by the way) took it as a invite and casually sat themselves on the log without a single protest. Don't they see how tense Griff and I were?!?!

"that would be great! For another time, we REALLY have to get go..." I started as all of Zuri's innocence this voice faded with a blink of an eye.

"Sit!" Zuri cried pointing us down to the log we just stood up from.

"But..." Griff tried once more as Zuri shakedown her head.

"But nothing! Sit down! Now!" Zuri pointed a finger at us as we slowly sat down on the log.

"Why don't we play a little game of....confessions?" Emma asked seeming to know exactly what Zuri was aiming to find out.

"nu uh,"

"no way!"

"Forget about it!"

" How about no?"

" In your dreams!"

"Absolutely not!" We all shouted out in protest as Zuri and Emma crossed their arms over their chest.

"Drop the guard guys, for the whole summer it's like you two have been living in your own little world, and as your best friends I think we deserve to know what's going on!" Zuri cried as I quickly came up with a scenario in my head.

"Fine, we'll tell," I sighed as all the boys glared in my direction, "but you have to promise you won't tell," I continued as Griff grabbed my wrist with the tattoo on it.

"Mia, what are you doing?" Griff asked as I gave him a look before continuing.

"Promise," The rest of the woodchucks and Grizzlies nodded. I took a deep breath, I was putting everything on the line here.

"The truth is....