Out of time

(Maya's POV)

"Hey Matilda, Griff's cut doesn't seem that well, do you mind checking on it again?" I asked the head nurse as she gave me a sweet smile and nodded. Fixing up Griff a bit I took my spot back by Griff.

"Griff?" I asked quietly only to be ignored. The staggered breath of his filled the room as the AC whirled to life.

"Griff, please, say something," I tried again touching his shoulder only causing him to tense up. I heard him let out a sigh before mumbling something.

"Your brother?" He asked as if he was trying to decided if it was the right thing to say.

"I don't really want to talk about that," I replied happy he is talking to me but sad that it was about 'him'.

"Oh and you just told the guy willingly?!" I voice raising up slightly.

"He wasn't supposed to find out," I told Griff trying to keep at a calm state.

"But he did!" Griff replied turning to face me.

"Why does this matter to you?!" I asked throwing my hands up into the air.

"Because I told you everything! I thought you told me everything! And I had to find out from another guy you have a brother?!" Griff burst, everything he thought was mentioned in the phrase even if he didn't say it physically, it was there. Words got stuck in my throat as I struggled to keep the tears from falling. Taking a final glance in his eyes I turned around and walked out the door.

(Griff's POV)

The words of Emma's brother filled my head, I know I shouldn't let it get to me but I can't help it.

you're useless

she doesn't even like you

pathetic

You don't deserve her

She's mine

you're not strong enough

Sure, I have no proof anyone heard it, but I did. And when Mia said what she did, the words came tumbling back into my mind.

"Griff?" Mia asked as the words in my head got louder.

"Griff, please say something," She asked again touching my shoulder and I tensed up. It pained me to hear her sad, trying to push the thoughts away I let out a sigh.

"Your brother?" I asked asking one of the few thing a my minds, not that I really cared, it was probably a touchy subject, but I needed to say something.

"I don't really want to talk about it," Mia mumbled back. Ha! Some couple! You don't even know she had a brother! You had to find out though me!

"Oh and you just told the guy willingly?!" I raised my voice trying to make it overlap the voices in my head.

"He wasn't supposed to find out," You had to find out though me! You had to find out though me!

"But he did!" I told Mia turning around to face her hoping it would take away the voices.

"Why does it matter to you?!" She cried throwing her hand up in the air. I know you're thinking it, just say it! You know she likes me more! Probably why you have all these secrets between you!

"Because I told you everything! I thought you told me everything! And I had to find out from another guy you have a brother?!" I burst my head hurting from all the voices. All those secrets, you told her everything right? Ha! Loser! I didn't mean to, but it did, I had just admitted I thought she lied to me, that she had dated Ravi's brother before, even if it didn't really believe it. Without a word, Mia walked out the door, only giving me a single glance.