Arrested

(Mya's POV)

(PS: I know I spell her name 2 different ways (Mya and Maya) just letting you know, it's the same person)

The sight that I saw as I got back to camp was horrifying. Red and blue flashed in my eyes as loud sirens filled my eyes. My world felt as if it was in slow motion when a far distance voice started calling my name.

"Maya! Maya! Maya, watch out!" Was what brought me back into real time, well that and the fact someone managed to catch me before I landed flat on my face.

"Hey, you ok?" I turned to find Griff was the one who catches me.

"What's happening?" I asked groggily as Griff helped me stand up properly.

"It's your dad, they caught him," Griff started when Zuri stepped in our conversation.

"That mad guy over there is asking, well more demanding, to see you," Zuri finished confused since Griff gave me a worried/scared look.

"Where is he?" I asked trying to gain some courage as Zuri pointed at the police car.

"Are you sure?" Griff asked frowning.

"Griff, I have to. He may be a horrid man, but he still is my father," I told Griff whispering the last part so Zuri wouldn't hear. Griff gave me a supportive smile before following me to the car. As I got closer to the car, my father came more into view. The man I tried to escape from was sitting there leaning against the police car with his face in his hands. I let out a small cough as he looked up from his hands to me. He quickly stumbled onto his feet before hugging me.

"I'm so sorry Maya! I don't know what came over me! Please please forgive me! It's because of the depression that I had, remember? After mom died? And I know I said I got over it, and I did for a bit, I swear! But then you started looking more and more like her and I felt...I felt as if the past was coming back to haunt me, and I wanted it to go away but, I didn't realize that I was hurting you and I can't make it go away. I'm so sorry! Please, please forgive me!" My 'father' rambled blaming everything he did to me on the so called 'depression' he had after my mom died.

"Get off me," I said with no emotion.

"I'm so sorry.." he tried again.

"Hey! She said get off," Griff said pushing him off me.

"Please..." 'father' whispered almost crying.

"Look, I still love you, but I can't forgive you. Goodbye, father," was the last thing I said to him before the cops dragged him into the car. I collapsed into Griff's arms in tears as I watched as the cop car exited the camp taking my father to a place where he belongs, but why don't I feel relieved?