With a high set from Shirabu, Ushijima takes three giant steps forward and jumps up with all his might. He spikes with brute force, a force so strong that the ball reflected off the shiny wooden floors and unto the watchers' seat above. Ushijima walks off like what he just did didn't surprise every one in the gym. Ohira follows, then Goshiki, then Tendou and so on. Each spike causes a different reaction from the other team.

" So that's one of the guys that l/n-chan told us about?" Semi questions Tendou after an orange haired boy came over to your side to pick up a wandering ball. " Yep yep. Hopefully f/n-chan's info spill about them become useful in this game." Tendou raises an eyebrow and smirks. Semi shrugs both of his shoulders and gives Tendou a smug look. " It's not like we need it"

" What a smug character you are, Semi semi" Tendou teases, wriggling his index fingers up and down. " Don't call me that!" Semi gives Tendou an angry look. The team looks at the other side of the court, Karasuno's first year duo was beginning to do their spiking warm up. They show off an exciting stunt, the orange haired boy spikes the ball straight down. The crowd goes wild over the little entertainment. You look at Ushijima who was staring at the opposing team.

" What's wrong Ushijima?"  Concern fills your voice as you ask yourself the question.

" Did the setter even touch it?" Tendou freaks out over the duo's stunt. 

" I'm surprised Seijoh didn't make it this time, but Karasuno is pretty fun" Yamagata Hayato replies with a determined expression on his face. Goshiki stands in front of the two, his posture radiating full confidence. 

" It doesn't matter who we're up against, we'll shut them down!" With his hands on his waist, Goshiki dictates with full confidence, causing the two boys to giggle a little. " Talk big when you can actually back it up" the introverted Shirabu walks over only to say it to Goshiki. 

" Now, now, now I think your bangs and your words are cool as ever, Tsutomo " Tendou compliments Goshiki with a smug on his face. 

" Tendou, I Think you're babying him too much, you're the problem here." Kawanishi, scolds the red head.

" Harsh! You're too harsh Taichi. After all, we have to compliment the future ace of the team right?" Tendou wiggles his head up and down with a teasing smile on his face. 

" I'LL DO MY BEST NOT TO LET YOU DOWN!" The boys stand there with smiles on their faces, complimenting Tendou inside their minds for firing up the simple minded guy. 

The sound of the referee's whistle signals the game is about to begin. Ushijima and Karasuno's captain stand in front of each other, exchanging hand shakes. Both teams line up on their respective side of the court as the announcer introduces the game. 

You sit on the bench along with the coaches, your heart pounding super hard that it seems like it will pop out your chest anytime soon. There was something weird happening today, and that is, you weren't getting any bad feelings. Usually, you'd feel like something is going to happen and that'd normally make you nervous. However, today you were calm, which unsettled you. 

The game begins. The other team's jersey number 1 starts off with an overhand serve, to which Goshiki receives beautifully and returns it to Shirabu. Ushijima prepares for a spike. You bring your notebook closer to you chest, preparing yourself to witness your boyfriend's powerful spike. The spike that made you fall in love with him in the first place.

You hold your breath as soon you spot three blockers getting ready for a commit block. " Come on.." you chant quietly. " None of you can get that, come on..." Ushijima goes for a straight shot, the other team's libero reacts quickly by positioning himself to receive the ball. However, not even a good libero can successfully receive Ushijima's spike on the first go. The ball bounces off of the libero's arms, giving the first point to Shiratorizawa. Cheers echo throughout the gym, the cheer team shouts Ushijima's name proudly. 

You let out a sigh. " You got it... " you get mad at yourself for doubting Ushijima earlier. 

The libero continues to fail at receiving Ushijima's powerful spikes and each time he lands a point, he looks over at you. You give him a proud smile each time. 

" This should be good" you turn to coach Saito who had a satisfied smile on his face.

" We can definitely win this game" 

Hearing his words was supposed to comfort you, calm you down yet why. Why did you get an unsettling feeling rising up in you? Is it just your overthinking mind? Or is it something else? 

" What the hell" you mumble to yourself. For some reason, your eyes were glued to the other team's blonde-haired middle blocker. He was quieter than the rest of his teammates, he almost reminded you of Ushijima when in game. 

" We will definitely win this game" you reiterate the coach's words to yourself, clutching your notebook close to your chest with your eyes closed. After all, this game determines whether or not you can continue to manage the team.