'You're pretty much the last one up and Aunt Katherine is tearing her hair out. She's muttering about dress fittings or something or the other.'

I brushed past him and dashed down the stairs with him quick on my heels. I entered the kitchen and sat at the table, setting myself a bowl of Frosties, while Justin pulled on his jacket.

'I'm going to the airport with Uncle Max. Johnny and Bruce are landing in two hours,' he informed me, referring to Lena's younger brothers.

 Uncle Max then walked in, a tall, thin man in a million-dollar pin-striped suit, with curly black hair and startling green eyes. He had the natural aura of a businessman; he was a man of charisma and charm.

'Brooke! It's so great to see you!' he exclaimed warmly.

'It's good to see you too, Uncle Max. How was the business trip?' I asked.

'Tiring.' He snatched a set of keys from near the fruit bowl and clapped Justin on the back.

'Right. You ready?'

'Yup. Please can I drive?' Justin couldn't keep the plea out of his voice while he held out his hand for the keys. I chuckled mentally. Even though he's passed his test, mum still doesn't trust him. She barely allows him to drive down to the local supermarket and that's after giving him a twenty minute lecture on driving safely.

'No,' Uncle Max refused. 'I'd like to live a little longer if you don't mind.'

Justin grimaced at me and I shrugged apologetically. He stalked out, griping under his breath and Uncle Max watched him, half-exasperated and half-amused.

'Okay, Brooke, I shall see you later,' he said. 'And if I were you, I'd hurry. Katherine's in a bad mood,' he added. I nodded. 'Oh and try not to complain too much when she drags you shopping. I sympathise, truly I do, but you know Katherine,' he said, winking conspiratorially at me before leaving.

I was left alone, wallowing in my thoughts, when I felt another presence.

'Morning Brooke.' Drake joined me at the table.

I swallowed down the last of my cereal, unwilling to talk. He too was in his pyjamas, and his short, choppy hair was tousled lightly, uneven edges sweeping along his cheekbones. He sat there observing me and I was starting to feel self-conscious.

'Did you sleep well?' he asked finally.

'Mm-hmn.' I replied in a non-committal way. There was an awkward pause and he looked confused at my lacking response.

I jumped as my mum's voice suddenly broke the silence.

'Brooke? Are you ready?' she shouted.

'Nearly!'

Drake smirked. 'Running a bit late aren't you? You've got till Lena and Enrique return from their morning run. It's become an obsession,' he explained.

I nodded stupidly. His presence was making it increasingly difficult to think straight; I had to get out of here. I got up to put my bowl in the sink and muttered,

'I have to get ready.' I raced back up to my room, leaving Drake looking puzzled at my less-than-warm reaction.

I seized my black skinny jeans and a purple cowl neck jumper and jumped in the shower, trying to relax as the warm water washed over me. I don't know what had happened back then. Everything seemed so easy in my head, yet every time Drake appeared in the picture, it became muddled and confused.

I was out in ten minutes and I rushed around the room, quickly tidying whatever I could. I brushed through my wet hair and pulled it into a messy bun, then I applied some lip-gloss and eyeliner before pulling on my silver flats, then I ran down the stairs where my mum and Aunt Katherine were waiting.