5. Choices

>>> for being a great fan :) go ahead and check out her story - A Lost Hope!! It's truly amazing ;) So let me know what you guys think and leave your comments and plz plz fan and vote :) xxx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Choices

***

As I got ready for bed, I tried to work out my feelings for Drake. I'd resolved to stay away from him, but so far, it was proving impossible. Truth was, I had secretly enjoyed being with him, yet at the same time, I couldn't shake off the anger I felt towards him. I seemed to keep on going back to the one thing I needed to get away from. I still undeniably loved him, though I'd never told him that. It was something I couldn't say aloud. It was too big.

'Tomorrow,' I thought. 'Tomorrow, I'm keeping my distance. It's for the best.'

After all, what do you do when he's your Prince Charming, but you're not his Cinderella?

I climbed into bed, waiting for sleep to take me as its victim, when I heard the distinct slamming of a drawer. I could hear Drake move various things around, and then everything fell silent. I remembered that his bed was positioned such that it was touching the wall that now separated us. It was quite a distracting thought. I tossed and turned, thinking of what Lena had said, thinking of Drake; his face, his smile, his body, the burning desire to feel him again...

Drake's POV

I could hear her tossing and turning. Funny how we'd landed in this situation, with hundreds of things left unsaid and a wall closing her off from me.

I sat up in bed with the duvet pulled up to my knees. I reached over for the photo and ran my finger across Brooke's face before lightly kissing her. Call me crazy, lame, whatever, but I did it every night, somehow hoping that through the glass, hundreds of miles away, she could feel me with her, always thinking of her. If I could do one thing, it'd be giving her the ability to see through my eyes, for her to realise how special she is to me.

I replaced the photo and grabbed two sleeping pills from the drawer, downing them with a glass of water, waiting for me to fall into a dreamless sleep...

***

Brooke's POV

My eyes snapped open and I quickly shut them again, partly due to the sun nearly blinding me even with the curtains drawn, and partly because I didn't want to wake up. Fuck you dreams. Fuck you for being so perfect and amazing that its damn near impossible to drag myself out of bed.       I groaned and slid further into my bed, pulling the duvet way over my head, shielding me from the bright sun streaming into the room.

'Brooke. Yo Brooke!' Justin shouted, hammering loudly on my door.

I pulled the covers off me. 'WHAT?!' I yelled back.

'Get downstairs! Everyone's already had their breakfast!'

I glanced at the alarm clock. 12:30. Crap. Aunt Katherine was going to kill me. Grumbling loudly, I forced myself out of bed and hauled out my nightgown from the wardrobe I had hurriedly stuffed my clothes in the previous night. I quickly wrapped it round me and pulled my door open, finding Justin, fully-dressed waiting by the stairs.

'Good afternoon sis,' he said in a bored voice.

'Why don't you shout a little bit louder? I think someone in Australia didn't hear you,' I growled sarcastically.

'My, my, aren't we grouchy this morning?' He gave me a sympathetic look. 'Rough night?'

I sighed. 'You have no idea.'