1. Trip Down Memory Lane

Okay so sorry for the long wait! Took me forever to write this and i'm still not happy with it but thought I'd upload it. Thnks to moonstar912 who motivated me to write it :P check out her stories/poems and go check out XONobleXO her story's really good :D anyways enjoy and don't forget to comment, fan and vote!! xxx 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Trip Down Memory Lane

"Brooke!" My mum's voice filtered up the stairs as I struggled to cram the last few things in my suitcase.

"Yes Mum, I'm coming! Just give me a few minutes!" I yelled back.

I sighed in frustration as I tried to shove my England football top and crop pants into the tiny space remaining in my already bulging case. I finally managed to squeeze it all in and I gratefully zipped it up, then lugged that and the other massive suitcase that was leaning against the wall out onto the landing. I turned back and my gaze fell on the photos scattered across my worn-out carpet. I shouldn't be doing this; I was meant to shut the door and close the shutters on the past that pressed on me, suffocating me every second of my life.

But I couldn't resist. I took a step forward and picked up the nearest one.

And in that moment, the whole world fell away.

It was just me and him. We were near the ocean; the brilliant blue water glittered as the sun's rays hit the gentle ripples. We were surrounded by wild violet and deep red flowers, warmed by the sun and there was an island breeze that tousled his short, golden brown hair with a subtle coastal glow that highlighted the bronze twists embedded in his slight spikes.

He had his arm around me, flashing his white smile and I....I looked like I was in total bliss. It was picture perfect.

I let the thin paper fall through my fingers and gazed as it fluttered silently to the floor, claiming its place next to the other dozen photos carelessly strewn on the floor. I felt the tears pricking my eyes so I walked out and shut the door firmly. I had promised myself that this was it. Another summer, a new start, a fresh chapter. And I was going to start now.

I hauled my luggage down creating a racket as the cases bumped against the wall and clattered against the stairs. A smile automatically spread across my face as the smell of pancakes flirted with my memory. I walked into the kitchen to find my mum frying and humming a familiar tune, unaware of my presence. I snuck up behind her and grabbed the plate with a huge pile of syrup-drenched pancakes when a hand suddenly closed around my wrist.

'Uh-uh. Not so fast young lady.' My mum turned to look at me, a lazy smile flickering across her face.

'Aw c'mon! It's taken me ages to get all that lot packed up! I'm starving!'

'That's what happens when you leave it all to the last minute and it doesn't help that you're the world's worst packer.' That's my mum; the ever helpful and supportive figure in my life.

She turned back to the frying, taking the pancakes up to a level of perfection. No joke. If you haven't tried my mum's pancakes, then you haven't tried the world's finest pancakes. I walked past her, grabbed a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice from the counter and jumped onto a bar stool.

'Yeah well, we're not all perfectionists like you. You know how much I hate the whole process of packing.' I complained flippantly.

'You mean you whinge throughout the whole process of shopping, picking clothes out, folding them and stacking them neatly at the base of a suitcase,' she retorted.