" back then, they actually seemed like they were in love with each other. So I was very confused why they chose to divorce. However, I learned that he and Ichika's family had an argument about your left handedness. I heard from him that he wanted you to keep using your left arm." your father looks at Ushijima for confirmation.

" Yes, that's correct. He's the reason why I kept playing volleyball with my left arm.... Actually, he's the reason why I play volleyball..." Ushijima nods sadly. You try to comfort him by holding his hand. 

 " I guess it spiraled from there. The next thing I knew, they were already signing the divorce papers. I tried to convince your mother but she told me she felt nothing for Usui-san anymore." 

Ushiima's hand clenched. It was clear that he felt saddened and angered from hearing about the truth. His mother has always avoided the topic every time he's asked about it. 

"Ah..." your boyfriend sighs in disappointment as he lowers his head down. 

" Wakatoshi...." you try to comfort him by placing your hand on his back. 

" Actually, I did some digging and I found your father's old phone number... I tried to call it thinking he wouldn't respond but-"

" but did he?" you cut your father off. You lean forward, eager to get a response from your father.

"yeah... we talked for a while. He even gave me his address. Here." Your father slides a piece of paper in front of you and Ushijima.

" Thank you Wakatoshi-kun for being a responsible boyfriend to my daughter. I hope you find this information helpful." he smiles as he looks at your mother.

" S-Sendai?!" you cover your mouth in shock. Ushijima however, stares at the piece of paper. You realize Sendai is an hour and thirty minutes away from Miyagi, the prefecture you're in. 

" H-how will you get there Wakatoshi?" you ask him, you stare at him for a while. He was obviously overwhelmed. 

" He can take the bullet train from here to Sendai. It'll be an hour ride though" your mother replies to your question. 

' If he were to go now, he wouldn't have time to return back for school tomorrow' you try to calculate the distance and the time it takes to get there.

" I-if you allow me, I would like to take f/n someday to Sendai to meet my father" 

" huh?" your head quickly turns towards Ushijima. He was leaned forward, his hands formed into fists as it rests on top of the table, visibly eager for it to happen.

Your parents look at each other for approval. Although, your mother seems to hesitate. She shakes her head, remembering the promise she made to herself about giving you freedom to do things on your own.

"Alright" She announces. You were about to celebrate when she places her index finger in front of her, telling you to wait. 

" But I'll only allow you after the exams. Got it?" Her authoritative voice comes back, you pout in response. 

" Alright, thank you. Mrs. l/n" Ushijima slightly bows his head in appreciation.

" Send him regards from me okay?" Your father requests. Your boyfriend, who was showing signs of happiness, nods in return as he stands up from his chair.

" It was nice to talk to you properly uncle.. Mrs.l/n" He bows slightly.

" Eh? you're going home? why don't you have lunch with us?" your father quickly stands up in response. Ushijima's lips form a slight smile.

" I would love to but my parents just came home from England" understanding what Ushijima said, your parents nod in response. They gently wave him goodbyes before Ushijima retreats to the front yard, with you following along of course.

" Wakatoshi..." you call out his name before he opens the gate. He turns around as you surprise him with a warm hug.

" Thank you..." you tell him. Ushijima has done so much for you, and you've realized it so you try your best to put your words into actions. Ushijima wraps his arms around you, replying to your hug.

" Thank you.... f/n, without you I would've never found out about my father...." you look at him and give him a warm smile. 

" Can I kiss you?" your eyes widen. You quickly look away to avoid him from seeing your reddened cheeks. 

" s-sure.. but.. m-make it quick" You feel Ushijima's hand on your chin, he turns your face towards him as you quickly close your eyes, preparing yourself for the kiss. Your heart started beating abnormally fast while you wait for his soft lips to go on top of yours. You feel a click on your forehead and as you opened your eyes you quickly realized that Ushijima Wakatoshi has tricked you. He chuckles in response, trying to compose himself.

" Why you-" before you could continue, Ushijima softly kisses you. His lips brushed yours delicately. You feel the warmth of his minty breath as you softly return the kiss back. 

Both of you pull away, looking into each other's eyes. " text me when you get home" you cup his cheeks while still looking into his eyes.

"Okay I wi-"

" OSHI! HURRY UP MOM'S HOME!" three honks from Ushijima's sister echoes through the neighborhood. You laugh at Yua's hilariously rude action. 

" Okay, I'll text you" Ushijima tries again. He walks closer towards his step-sister's car.

" Please remember that this is Japan, Yua-nesan" you hear him say.

"Oh my bad" you chuckle at the siblings' interaction. Ushijima gets in her car as he waves at you from the inside. The car quietly takes off. 

You let out a sigh, thanking the heavens that the month long conflict has finally been solved.

' and all it took was for me to run away' you shake your head.