Chapter 39

The meeting with Mr.Whitman went well. He congratulated Trevor and I on our mating. I thought he was human. Turns out he is Beta for our neighboring pack.

As soon as we returned home Trevor and Marcus started drawing plans and ordering supplies for the walls. They will be concrete with a stone facade. Twenty feet high and five feet thick. There will be razor wire on the outer facing top, to prevent anyone scaling the walls. The width also allows those patrolling to walk the wall. There will be massive iron gates and a guard house with security cameras at the entrance to pack lands. The only open area will be along the lake front of the pack house. There will be automatic gates that will close if we are attacked from the water.

Trevor was upset that it would take a year to build the walls. He was worried about mine and the babies safety. But Adora had assured me that we would be fine.

********

"Love...you have to get ready. The trials start in 2hrs." I knew she was miserable. She had only 2 weeks to go and she was huge. Unable to walk by herself.

"Why do I have to go? I'm fat, cranky and tired." Alex whined.

"Because the Alpha and Luna always preside at the trials, along side the elders."

"Fine. But I want food and a pitcher of orange juice and they have to stop if I need to pee."

Trevor laughed. "Anything you need princess, I promise."

The ballroom had been transformed into a courtroom. There was a dais with a long table and chairs. Alex and Trevor sat in the middle with three elders on each side. There was a chair sat facing them about 10ft away. There were rows of chairs for witnesses and the ranked wolves.

"The first case we will decide today will be Zoe March." Trevor nodded to the guard by the door. The door opened and a handcuffed Zoe was lead to the chair by James. He positioned himself behind her. She looked horrible. The rejection had taken its toll on her. Her eyes were red with dark circles underneath, her face was pale and drawn.

The elder to the far right started. "You have been charged with treason and attempted premeditated murder. You confessed your crimes to your Alpha and Beta. Do you have anything to say before judgement is passed?"

"Only that I'm sorry." She bowed her head.

The elders began writing on pieces of paper and passing them to Trevor. Alex was curious. "What are those?" She whispered to Trevor. "Their decision for punishment."

"Don't I get one?"

Trevor sighed. "No. the Luna is a mother to the pack she does not punish." Alex frowned but kept quiet.

"Zoe March please stand. By your own admission you are guilty of your crimes. We have decided your punishment is death." Trevor had no emotion in his voice.

Zoe started to cry and fell to the floor. James pulled her up and walked her out. Trevor looked up and saw Daniel sitting at the back of the room. Are you okay? He got no answer, Daniel had his mind blocked.

The elder, a woman, at the opposite end spoke. "The next case is Owen and Shirley Hatch." Another chair was placed by the one in front. The doors opened and two enforcers walked them to the chairs. The same elder continued. "You both have been charged with kidnapping, treason and attempted murder. How do you plead."

Owen spoke as Shirley kept her head down. "Guilty. But can I say something before you decide." Trevor nodded. "We only did what we thought was beneficial for the pack. We really care for the Luna and would never hurt her. We took good care of her while she was with us."