Chapter 23

I'm starving and thirsty! No one has been to see me or bring me food! I tried yelling but that only made me more thirsty.

Alex you need to rest, our mate will be here soon.

"What? How do you know?"

I feel his wolf, Max.

Alex laid down on the bed feeling anxious. Would they really find her tonight?

********

He had been pushing and struggling for hours, trying to reach the light. He heard a voice, someone begging him to open his eyes. Marcus was getting pissed. What did they think he was trying to do. With all he had he pushed to the light finally reaching it. He could hear people talking and a distant beeping sound. He tried to open his eyes but the light was too bright. He felt someone holding his hand and managed to mumble, "Lights."

********

Marcus' eyes were fluttering and then he said 'light'. John hurriedly turned off the overhead light and turned on the small one over the bed. "Son I've turned off the light. Try to open your eyes."

Marcus slowly opened his eyes, blinking to adjust to his surroundings. "Water, please."

John poured a glass of water and helped him sit up enough to drink. When he was finished he laid back on the bed and took a deep breath. "Owen."

"Do you need to see Owen?" John was perplexed.

"No. It was Owen, he took Alex."

John was shocked. "Are you sure?"

"Yes. Tell the Alpha."

********

Trevor walked into his office. Once again all the council was waiting along with Daniel. Conner was pacing the room. "Alpha Black why have you kept us waiting?"

"I needed to question the rogue." Trevor sat down at his desk. He was in a pissed off mood and did not want to talk to them.

"We have talked to Derek. He is adamant that he had nothing to do with your mates disappearance. He also says that he did nothing wrong in the situation at Adrian's house. What proof do you have?" Conner said with narrowed eyes.

Now Trevor was really mad. "Proof! He had wolves with him and told them he was the next Alpha and was there to take his 'girlfriend'. Who happens to be my mate! He had wolves attack my enforcers! Someone told him that she was my mate and he tried to take her! He had rogues watching her house after he escaped, so he could take her!"

Conner waved him off. "We will be interviewing the wolves that were with him later as well as the rogues. However your mate is still not here. What do you have planned to locate the human?"

He was about to comment on Conner's human remark when John broke in.

Alpha! Marcus is awake and he says Owen took her!

Is he sure?!

Yes!

Trevor jumped from his chair. Heading to the infirmary. "Stop! Where do you think you are going? We are not finished!" Conner yelled.

"Marcus is awake and has information on the kidnapping!" Trevor did not wait for a response and headed out the door. Daniel and the council followed him. He ran in the infirmary and straight to Marcus' bed. "Hey man it's good to see you awake."

"Alpha...I'm so sorry that I could not protect the Luna." His eyes were downcast.

"Tell me what happened Marcus."

"I was doing checks on the outside, after the Luna went to sleep. I came around the back and Owen was there. I invited him in for coffee. As we walked into the kitchen he jabbed me in the neck. I fell and just before I passed out he said he was sorry but it had to be this way."

Trevor's eyes were black and he began to shake. "I will kill him."

"Alpha calm down. We need to get a plan in place to get her back safely." Daniel spoke calmly.

"Right. Daniel call Christian and tell him to get 10 enforcers and meet us out front."

"What do you plan to do Alpha? Considering all that has happened, I think we need to approve your plan before you take action." Conner said smugly.

Trevor's eyes had turned black again. "I'm going to get my mate and you will stay out of my way!" He growled. He walked out leaving Conner with his mouth open, speechless.