Chapter 19

He walked down the stairs with thoughts exploding in his head. How the hell did they know about Alex! He had given an order to the pack not to talk about her outside of the pack! How would he explain that he found his mate and did not inform the council. Not to mention she was kidnapped and Derek escaped. He took a deep breath and walked into his office. Trevor saw that all 9 councilmen were here as well as Daniel. He knew this was not going to be good. Trevor walked to his desk and sat down. "Good afternoon, how can I help the council?"

"Well Alpha Black, you can start by telling us why you did not inform us you found your mate." Councilman Conner scowled.

"It was a complicated situation and I needed to do some research first."

"Complicated indeed. We were informed she was human." Trevor looked to each of the council members and was met with stern expressions. He turned back to Conner.

"I wanted to investigate and see how it was possible for her to be my mate, before I told her we are mates and informed the council."

"Does she know of our kind?"

"Yes. Due to an incident involving Derek and Adrian, we were exposed."

Conner shook his head and pinched the bridge of his nose. "What was the incident?"

Trevor's eyes flicked around the room as he spoke. "Adrian said he smelled something sweet in her blood. He invited her to his house to taste her. He thought she could be his beloved. Derek showed up with some wolves to take her and we had to fight to protect her."

"I am assuming Derek is imprisoned. We will need to question him."

"We have a traitor in the pack. They helped Derek escape." Conner looked at him with raised eyebrows.

"Where is your mate? We will need to meet her to make sure that we as a race are kept secret."

Trevor sighed and looked down at his desk. "She was kidnapped. We were working on a rescue when you came. I have enforcers at the location. Derek is there also."

Conner was angry. "So what you are telling me is that you found your mate, who is human. Then proceeded to expose yourselves. Had a prisoner who escaped. Then your mate was kidnapped. All the while never informing the council. Is that right?" Trevor simply nodded. "Alpha please leave the room we need to discuss this." Trevor and Daniel rose to leave the office. Trevor turned back. "She does not smell human." They left with all the councilmen staring at them.

********

Alex rode the waves of pain, screaming silently in her head. She could feel someone wiping her down with a cool cloth. She wanted to tell them to stop. It felt as if she were being scrubbed with sandpaper. Alex was helpless, she could not speak or open her eyes. She drifted into the darkness again. Let go so the waya and adanvdo may be joined. My child you are suffering because you are fighting. Relax, reach for the waya. You are the beginning of a new era. The more the soothing voice spoke, the calmer Alex felt.

********

He was trying to cool her down when her skin began to glow. He jumped back and stared at her with wide eyes. There was a golden glow that began to pulse and grow around her. Little sparks of light raced through the glow. He ran from the room and locked the door. He looked through the door mesmerized. The glow pulsed brighter and the lights were moving at incredible speeds. Alex's body began to shake and her bones were popping. The glow had become so bright that he could not look directly at it. There was a huge burst of light and then darkness. He removed his hand from his eyes. He was transfixed at the image before him. There on the bed where Alex had been, was a wolf. It was silvery white with gold on the end of each strand of hair. The effect causing the wolf to shimmer. When it opened it's eyes they were teal with sparks of gold. It was wearing Alex's necklace. He fainted.

********

Trevor was summoned back to his office. The council were all standing when he entered the room.
"Alpha we will remain here while you complete your mission. Once Derek and your mate are here we will decide how to proceed." Trevor did not like the calculating glare in Conner's eyes.