chapter 11

Christian was stunned when he saw Derek. Then he started to smell other wolves.

Gabriel, Leon, Noel! What do you see from your positions.

I can't see anything but I can smell wolves across the road from the house, there are about 20. Leon linked.

Derek is talking to Alex and he just kissed her hand! Growled Gabriel.

Look guys! Derek and Adrian are walking toward the woods! Noel exclaimed.

Alright everyone keep them in sight and I will inform the Alpha.

Alpha! Derek is here and he has wolves stationed across the road from the house! Christan linked to Trevor.

How the hell did he know about her?! Never mind! We will be there in 10 minutes! Trevor yelled.

********

"Daniel! Get in my office now!" Trevor was beginning to shake all over.

"What's going on?" Daniel was shocked at Trevor's appearance, he knew that he was just seconds away from a shift. "Calm down Alpha. Tell me what you need."

"Get 30 enforcers and surround Adrian's house! Now!" Trevor could not hold on any longer, with a ground shaking growl he shifted and ran out of the house.

Daniel linked the enforcers with instructions, then shifted and took off after Trevor. He knew the instinct to protect his mate would be strong. He had to prevent Trevor from doing something stupid.

********

Something was not right. She had this sickening burn in the pit of her stomach and the need to flee was starting to overwhelm her. She looked up and saw Adrian walking back toward her with a smile. "Alex what is wrong?" He took her hands in his. Alex looked in his eyes and she was captivated. His eyes were sparkling with gold flecks, she could not look away. Adrian moved closer to her and sniffed her neck. "You smell wonderful." Adrian nuzzled into her neck and watched the vein pulsing. He licked her neck and Alex moaned. That was all he could take. His fangs elongated and he sunk them into her neck. After three long pulls he stopped and pulled away from her choking. "What the hell?! Your blood is rancid! That can't be! You can't be a wolf!" he hissed. Fangs, blood Alex was stunned and staggered back closing her eyes, then all hell broke loose.

She could hear growls and snarls but was afraid to open her eyes. When she did, she wished she hadn't. There before her was a wolf that was holding Adrian down by the throat. It was unbelievable. The wolf was a good 5ft tall at the shoulders, broad, rippling with muscle and jet black. At the sight of him, she fainted.

********

When he arrived Christian appraised him of everything and told him about the conversation between Derek and Adrian. Trevor was livid! He saw Derek standing near the woods and Adrian holding Alex's hands. Then he saw Adrian lean into her neck and he lost it. Sprinting from the trees, he knocked Adrian down and grabbed him by the neck. Trevor snapped his neck and then his mate collapsed. He shifted and ran to her. John! I am on my way to the pack house have a room ready! The Luna is hurt!

When he picked her up he was stopped by Derek. "I don't think so nephew! Adrian promised her to me, once he had a taste!" Trevor was shaking with rage. "She is not Adrian's to give! She is my mate!" Trevor linked Daniel to come and take Derek down.

"I don't see a mark on her. She is still fair game." He smirked.

Daniel appeared next to Trevor and growled at Derek. He lunged as Derek shifted, giving Trevor a chance to leave. Trevor ran towards the pack house at supernatural speed. As he ran he gave instructions to Daniel. I want Derek and Adrian in shackles and brought to the prison. If there are any other surviving wolves, bring them too!

********

Derek shifted and tried to run. Daniel lunged and snapped his back leg. He got up and tried to run again, only managing a hobble. I went for his front leg and snapped that too, making sure he'd stay down. He shifted back and screamed in pain. I shifted and grabbed some shackles. With his healing abilities, he wouldn't be down long.

"You son of a whore! you can't do this to me! I'm a Black and your Uncle! Release me now!"

"You are a traitor and will be treated as such!" Daniel bellowed, making Derek cringe.

Daniel went over to Adrian and shackled him. The vampire would be out for a couple of hours with the snapped neck but, he didn't want to take any chances.

He looked around and saw the fighting was over. There were about 10 injured or dead wolves. The remaining wolves that came with Derek, stopped fighting and fled back across the road and into the forest. "Christian! Have the guys clean up this mess. Shackle and bring the survivors to the prison."

"Yes Beta." Christian bowed his head and left to instruct his men.

"Noel, Leon! Take Derek and Adrian to the prison." They nodded, picked up the men and left. Daniel shifted and ran towards the pack house.

********

Alex couldn't see anything but darkness. Voices, she looked around and tried to follow them. Then she saw a pinpoint of light in the distance and tried to move towards it, only to be sucked back into the darkness.

********

Trevor sat in a chair by her bed, holding her hand. A week! What have I done to her! The thought kept rolling over and over in his mind. There was soft knock at the door. He could hear it open slowly. A familiar scent came in the room, Zoe, Daniel's mate.

"Trevor... You can't keep sitting here like this. You need to eat and get some rest."

"I can't leave her. I have to be here when she wakes up, so I can explain everything to her." His voice was soft and gravelly.

"Do you really want her to see you like this? You've barely eaten or slept. Not to mention that you need to shower and shave. I'll sit with her until you return and if she wakes I'll call you immediately."

Trevor sighed and ran his hands through his hair as he stood. He took her face into his hands and and gave her a lingering kiss on her forehead. "Fine...I'm just going to run down to kitchen and grab something to eat. When I get back you can leave and I'll take a shower." Zoe nodded.

Zoe listened to make sure he was gone and turned to Alex, "Listen here bitch! He is mine and I will kill you." She said with clenched teeth.