chapter 22

They were eating breakfast when the man spoke. "The only way for this to work is to tranquilizer her and take her back."

"What if she gets your scent, when you go down." The woman was worried.

"I'll do it quickly, from the stairs as soon as I go down."

"I'll get everything ready. I just hope this works."

"Wait! We will do this tonight while she is sleeping." He smiled.

********

They were racing back to the pack house. The 30 minute trip had only taken them 15. As they reached the pack house they shifted and ran to the infirmary. John was standing by the bed talking to Marcus. His eyes were closed and mouth moving with silent words. "Come on Marcus, you can do this. Open your eyes." His movements ceased. "Dammit!"

"What's happening John?"

"He's trying to wake up Alpha. Its been like this since I called you. He will struggle and then go quiet again. He should wake up soon. I've seen this in coma patients before. After so long being unconscious, they struggled to wake up."

"Let me know as soon as there is any change. He's our only hope to find out who did this and where Alex is."

"Yes Alpha."

"Come on Daniel let's get some clothes, we have to talk to Conner."

Trevor took his time getting dressed. He had to think how he would approach the council about Alex not being with Derek. Then he had an idea, he would talk to the rouge that was with Derek. He hurried down to the prison, being careful not to let any of the council see him. "James where is the rogue that was brought in with Derek?"

"This way Alpha." They walked down to the medium security cells. The man was sitting on the bunk with his head in his hands. His head snapped up when he heard them stop in front of his cell.

"What is your name rogue?" Trevor's voice was hard.

"Samuel, Alpha."

"I'm going to ask you some questions. Be careful how you answer. If you lie to me, you will die." Samuel nodded.

"Who helped Derek escape?"

"I don't know. A woman came to us and asked us to hide him and help him find a woman."

"Where is the woman you were suppose to find?"

"We went to her house and she wasn't there. We staked out the house but she never returned."

"Who was the woman that asked you to help Derek?"

"I don't know. She was wearing a hoodie and had sunglasses on."

Trevor growled. He was beyond frustrated. Every step was a dead end. He walked away heading upstairs to his office.

********

It was just before midnight when he went down the stairs. She had been yelling all day for food and water. He felt really bad for not giving her anything but, he could not risk her knowing who he was. She had finally quieted down about 2 hrs ago. He was hoping she was finally exhausted and asleep.

He cautiously approached the door. She had her back to him. He lifted the tranquilizer gun and pulled the trigger, it hit her in the upper back. Alex flinched but did not wake up. He quietly went back up the stairs to wait. It would take a few minutes to take effect and then the real work would begin.