chapter 13

Alex walked in the kitchen with her 'shadow' behind her. It had been a month and she was starting to get used to him. "Good morning guys! Marcus take a seat and I'll get us some coffee."

"You seem chipper this morning." Owen smiled.

"Feel great. Slept like a baby last night. Marcus how do you take your coffee?"

"Black is fine Luna."

She got their coffees and sat down at the table. Alex narrowed her eyes and looked at each of them. "Okay, I want some answers. First, why does everyone call me Luna? Second, what's the deal with Trevor, that mansion and all those people there? Third, why do I need a guard?"

They all looked at each other nervously. Just as Alex was about to have a hissy fit, as Gran used to say, Shirley spoke up. " I'm afraid we can not answer your questions. You will have to talk to Alpha Trevor."

"What do you mean?! I don't want to talk to that ass! Ok...ok...here's what's gonna happen. If you don't answer me, the shadow over here is leaving and you're both fired!"

"I'm sorry Luna. Unless we get the Alpha's permission, we can not discuss it with you and I'm not leaving." Marcus spoke up.

Shirley placed the plates on the table and Sammy walked in. He went over to Marcus with his tail wagging and sat beside him. "You too Sammy! Traitor!"

"Alex dear, eat your breakfast and I'll speak to the Alpha." Shirley smiled.

After a few bites Alex sat her fork down. "Why does everyone call him Alpha? Is he part dog or something?" Marcus choked on his coffee.

"Certainly not! Alpha means leader." Owen exclaimed.

"Are you guys some kind of cult or something?" Alex asked with one eye squinted.

"Alex, please stop with your questions. We will talk to the Alpha and see what we are allowed to tell you. But you must understand, he will probably not allow it. He wanted to be the one to tell you." Shirley gave her a pleading look.

"Fine...for now"

Marcus excused himself and walked outside.

********

It had been a month and Alex is still refusing to talk to me. I'm going to have to just go over there and make her listen. Just as I stood to leave the office, the phone rang.

"Hello"

"Alpha, its Marcus. I really think you need to come over here. Luna is asking a lot of questions about Alphas, Luna's and the pack."

"What did you tell her?"

"Nothing. We told her she had to ask you and she got mad. Shirley told her we would ask you what we could tell her and she threatened to kick me out and fire Shirley and Owen."

"I'll be right over. Thank you for calling Marcus. By the way,why didn't you mind link me instead of call?"

With a deep sigh, Marcus replied, "Because Alpha, when I mind link and she sees me, she starts hitting me on the back and asks if I'm epileptic."

Trevor laughed til he had tears. Marcus hung up.

********

I was sitting on the swing, drinking my coffee, when I heard the boat approaching. "Marcus you traitor! You called him, didn't you?"

"I'm sorry Luna but he is the only one that can answer your questions." Marcus shrugged.

"Fine! I'll ask the questions, he will answer and then leave!"