Chapter 29

After dinner Alex decided to take Sammy out for a walk. She dressed in jeans, flannel shirt, parka and boots. "Come on buddy lets go outside." Sammy jumped up, tongue hanging out and followed her. When she opened the door there were two royal guards outside. They bowed to her. "Luna are you going out?"

"Yes. Sammy needs a walk." As she started down the hall they followed her. Alex turned with a frown. "I can go by myself."

"I'm sorry Luna, Kings orders, we are to stay with you at all times."

Alex was pissed. She would definitely be talking to Xavier about this. "Fine. but stay out of my way." She turned and walked away.

Alex stepped out of the door and the wind hit her immediately. It was bitter cold and snowing still. "Hurry up Sammy and do your business." He barked and ran around the yard. The snow was getting so deep she could barely see him above the snow.

Alex you need to relax. You need the protection of the guards. There is still someone that would see you harmed. Adora sounded nervous and it alarmed Alex.

Who is it Adora? Why would anyone want to hurt me?

I don't know who it is but, the asgina is using this person to try and stop the prophecy.

Adora who is asgina?

He is the opposition of the Great Spirit. A devil of sorts. Be very careful who you let get close to you. Trust your mate and stop being pig headed.

I am not pig headed! Adora just snorted.

With the distraction of the conversation she had not noticed Sammy wander away. "Sammy! Come here buddy! It's time to go inside!" He was no where to be seen. He had made so many tracks around the yard it was hard to tell what direction he went. Alex was in a panic and started running towards the trees. The guards stopped her.

"Let go of me I have to find Sammy!" Alex's jaw was clenched.

"I have informed His Majesty. He and the Alpha are on their way. But you must stay here. They are bringing men to search." Just as he finished speaking Trevor and Xavier came running out of the house with five guards. Alex ran to Trevor and the tears started to fall.

"Trevor you have to find my baby!" He took Alex in his arms.

"Don't worry princess we will find him." Trevor turned to the guards. "He is a tan pitbull. His name is Sammy. Each of you follow one of the trails he made." The guards nodded and walked in different directions calling Sammy's name.

"What happened? How did he get away?" Trevor looked at her with concern.

"I was talking to my wolf and didn't realize he was gone." Alex sobbed against Trevor's chest. He rubbed her back in soothing circles. In the distance they heard barks and men yelling. Alex pulled away from Trevor and walked towards the trees. "Sammy! Baby come to mommy!" Sammy broke from the trees with the men running after him. Alex dropped to her knees and held her arms out. He stopped and barked as he got close. "Come here you bad boy." Sammy walked to her and licked her face.

"We would of had him sooner but he thought it was a game and kept running in circles and barking at us." Alex laughed and the guard frowned.

"Okay everyone let's get inside its freezing out here!" Xavier commanded.

********

He was trying to comfort Alex but, he was highly embarrassed that the King's Guards were chasing Sammy down. He would insist in the future she take him out on a leash. When he looked at Xavier he seemed to be amused. Finally the dog came running back. They walked back in the house to continue their conversation. "Alex would you please join us in my office? We were about to discuss the prophecy."

"Of course." She looked to the guards. "Could one of you take him back to the room?" The guard nodded and Alex followed them to the office.

"As I was about to say, there is a prophecy. John said it was given to the elders by a Cherokee shaman about 100yrs ago." Trevor handed the book to the King.

Xavier read the passage and handed the book to Alex. "It really seems like a possibility. If it's true we have to keep her protected and you will need to mate and mark her as soon as possible."

"Wait! What?! I hardly know him! Surely you do not expect us to be intimate!" Alex was floored.

"That is exactly what I expect! How do you suppose we keep you safe if you are unmated? If you are kidnapped you could be mated by force! Is that what you want?" Xavier was angry at Alex's stupidity. "Trevor we will discuss this tomorrow, it's been a long day and I would like to rest."

Trevor sent a glare to Alex. "Of course, Daniel could you show His Majesty to his room?"

Daniel stood. "This way your Majesty." Xavier looked at Alex one more time and left the room.