Chapter 37

Alex woke to soft circles being rubbed on her belly. She opened her eyes and looked at Trevor. He was laying on his side with his head propped up on his hand, soft smile on his face as he looked at her swollen stomach. "You know you can talk to them." His eyes shifted to look at her. "I read a book John gave me. It said that it is believed that babies can hear in the womb."

He laughed and leaned towards her stomach. "Hello my little pups. This is your daddy." One of the babies kicked. Alex laughed and her belly jumped up and down.

"Can you please help me up, They're giving my bladder hell." Trevor helped her off the bed and she waddled to the bathroom. She was now 8 weeks but looked 8 months. She cringed at the thought of what she would look like at 4 months.

"Princess you need to get dressed. We have a surprise guest arriving today."

Alex came out of the bathroom with a surprised look on her face. "Who's coming?"

"Xavier"

"That's great. Why is he coming?" Alex cocked her head to the side.

Trevor was in the closet dressing. "He said he had information on the Prophecy that he needed to discuss with us." He walked out dressed in black slacks and a white button down shirt."

"You look handsome. I on the other hand will look like a hobo. The only thing that fits me are sweats and your shirts." He pulled her into a hug.

"My love you look beautiful in anything you wear." Trevor kissed her softly on the lips. "But I knew you would need something. So, I sent one of the pack women out yesterday to get you this." He pointed to a bag on the bed. Alex clapped her hands and went over to the bed. Inside were black maternity slacks and a beautiful silk and lace, cream colored blouse.

"Trevor they're wonderful!" She turned and gave him a deep kiss.

"Wow! If that's what I can expect then I will buy you a gift everyday." Alex smacked him on the chest. "Okay love get dressed. I have to go to the pack prison and then we will meet at the infirmary." He gave her another peck and left.

********

Trevor had kept everything to do with Zoe away from Alex. Zoe had been moved 2 weeks ago from the infirmary to a secure cell. He had put it off as long as he could, today he would do her official interview.

When he got to the interrogation room Daniel was waiting outside. "Hey brother. What are you doing here?"

"I want to sit in for the interview." Daniel had a determined look on his face. Trevor looked at him carefully. He had dark circles under his eyes, stubble on his jaws. He realized that Daniel needed closure.

"Fine. But! If you feel yourself losing control, you have to promise me you'll leave the room. Daniel nodded and they walked in the room.

Zoe sat at the table, head down, playing with her hands. Daniel looked at her with his jaw clenched and sat down, never taking his eyes off her. "Hi Daniel...Trevor."

"I am your Alpha and you will address me as such!" Zoe flinched at his tone.

Trevor sat back in his chair staring at her. He was unbelievably angry for everything she had put the pack through. If it wasn't for his brother, he would of left her on the floor to die.

"Zoe I want you to start at the beginning and do not leave out anything. I want names of anyone who helped you."

Zoe glanced at him and looked back down. "There was no one else, just me." She cleared her throat. "The day Derek came to see you. He cornered me and said he would expose my feelings for you unless I helped him. I-I listened in on your meeting with Daniel and called Derek. I told him that Alex would be at Adrian's." She looked up at them and both were stoic. Zoe swallowed and started again. "When I found out she was your mate, I wanted her dead." Trevor growled. "I went to see Derek and promised to help him escape if he would kidnap and kill her." Trevor was seething. "When she went missing I assumed Derek had her." Zoe took a deep breath knowing she had to get this over with. "Well you know what happened after that. Anyway once Alex was back I knew I had to kill her myself." Zoe looked up and gasp.

Trevor's eyes were black and he was trembling slightly. He closed his eyes and took deep breaths. It took him several minutes to get Max under control. He wanted to rip her to shreds. "Since you have confessed to your crimes there will be no trial. The elders will convene to decide your punishment."

Zoe had started crying quietly. "Zoe look at me." Daniel was still staring at her. "I Daniel Black reject you Zoe March as my mate." Zoe screamed and clutched her Chest. Daniel got up and walked out. Trevor followed. As they walked away you could still hear her screams and cries.

As they walked out the entrance to the pack prison, Alex was waiting for them in the hallway. Trevor took her in his arms and breathed in her scent.

"Trevor I need to leave for awhile." He looked back at Daniel. His eyes were glassy with unshed tears.

"Take my house Daniel. You will have total privacy." Alex wanted to comfort him but didn't know how he would react.

"Okay. I'm going to pack. I'll be leaving shortly." Trevor pulled him into a hug. Daniel held on for a minute then pushed away and left.

"What happened Trevor?"

"I'll tell you later. Right now we have an appointment to get to."

They walked to the infirmary and John was waiting for them. "Alpha...Luna so good to see you. Luna if you would lay down and pull up your shirt for me." John put on the gel and started the scan. "Okay are you ready to find out what these pups are?" Alex giggled as Trevor yelled yes. "The larger pup is a boy. Now these two little wiggle worms are girls. Took me a minute to get them they moved so much."

"Tell me about it! They're doing a tango on my bladder."

Trevor reached over to shake hands. "Thank you John. We have to get going, the King will be here soon."

********

As he listened to her confess, Daniel knew that it was over. They would probably sentence her to death. There was only one way he could hurt her, like she hurt him. He was determined that she would look at him as he did it. "Zoe look at me." He kept his voice hard, even though her tears were breaking his heart. "I Daniel Black reject you Zoe March as my mate." He immediately got up from the table. Daniel did not want to hear her screams and cries of pain. He felt like something had been ripped from his soul.

When they got back upstairs, he almost cried at the sight of Trevor holding his mate. He knew then he had to leave. He needed time to heal.