Chapter 32

I can not believe how the King brushed me aside as if I were an Omega! Then he had the audacity to keep me out of their meetings. I am Head Council! I will demand the information they have discussed! Then I will take that pathetic human and place her in the council prison! If only I knew who the traitor was, I could promise them immunity for helping me bring the Alpha down.

During Conner's musings he had not realized the King had entered the room. When he looked around the other councilmen were bowing and the King was glaring at him.

"Am I not still your King, that you do not bow?!" Xavier bellowed.

Conner immediately bowed and apologized profusely. "I am sorry your Majesty. I was thinking of the problems at hand and did not sense you enter the room."

"Is your hearing and sense of smell not working as well? I would think you as a councilman would always be aware." Xavier stood in front of him looking at the insolent fool. "Let's get to the reason you wish to speak with me."

"Of course your Majesty! It concerns the human that is supposed as the mate to Alpha Black."

"What human? I have met the Luna and she is a wolf." Xavier was going to enjoy this.

"What? Your majesty we have it on good authority that she is human. As such I believe it is within the councils right to take her to headquarters to decide her fate."

Xavier smiled and turned to his guard. "Would you please ask the Luna to join us." The guard nodded and left the room. "Who is the authority that you speak of?" Xavier raised his brows.

Conner stood up straighter. "They wished to remain anonymous."

The guard returned with Alex. "Your Majesty you wished to see me?"

"Thank you so much for coming Luna. I would like to introduce you to the council."

Alex looked at them and nodded. "Hello." Xavier smirked. "Do you have any questions for the Luna?" Xavier saw Conner sniff the air and an utter look of shock was on his face.

"It's a pleasure to meet you and might I add congratulations on your mating." Conner was livid and tried to hold his smile. The person who gave him false information would die.

Alex turned to Xavier. "If there is nothing else, I need to continue the preparations for dinner."

"Of course. Thank you for coming." Alex left the room and Xavier turned to Conner. "Well you have all met the Luna. Where is the human you spoke of, that is clearly impersonating the Luna?"

Conner sputtered. "Your Majesty I am sure we can get to the bottom of this. We will be here for a few more days..." Xavier interrupted him.

"I think you are done here! You will all leave after dinner. I will call a formal meeting next week at the castle to discuss your leadership of this council." Xavier turned and walked from the room. Some of the council were smiling. Conner looked as if he had been slapped.

********

Xavier coached me through the mind link on what to say. I almost laughed when he called Conner an imbecile. I didn't have to make preparations for dinner, the chefs and maids did that. I did have to find something to wear. Trevor said this dinner was formal. I only had 3 hrs to prepare.

Alex hurried up the stairs to their room, as she pictured her pathetic wardrobe. She went to her closet to select from her meager choices. As she went through the dresses she saw a dress bag at the end of the rail. I didn't have anything in a dress bag. Alex unzipped the bag and gasped. Inside was the most beautiful dress she had ever seen.

It was a shimmering red lace, strapless with a sweetheart bodice. There were crystals along the top edge and a split on the left side up to mid thigh. Inside the bag were silver platform sandals and a jewelry bag.

Alex mind linked Trevor to come to the room. A couple minutes later he walked in with a smile.

"Where did this come from?" She held up the dress.

"I bought it for you. Do you like it?"

Alex laid the dress on the bed and walked into his arms. "I love it!" Trevor pecked her on the lips. "When? How?"

"I looked in your side of the closet this morning. When I saw you didn't have anything for tonight, I asked Zoe to go shopping with me. As soon as I saw it I knew you would look beautiful."

Alex play glared at him. "I thought you had meetings today."

Trevor laughed. "I did, with a sales lady at a boutique in town." He had a huge grin on his face.

"Thank you. I love you."

"I love you too. Now get going on your lady stuff, you only have a couple of hours." Alex laughed, lady stuff!

********

She had been ecstatic when Trevor asked her to go into town with him. Zoe planned on taking this opportunity to find out some of Alex's weaknesses. As soon as the bitch was out of the picture, she planned to reject Daniel and rekindle the relationship they had.

Zoe wished so many times that Daniel had never returned home. Then they would of never known they were mates and she would still be with Trevor. Damn rogues had to kill the Beta and Trevor requested Daniel to fill the spot.

Her day was completely ruined when he walked up to her and she saw the mark on his neck. She felt like all the air was sucked from her lungs.

********

When she walked out of the bathroom, there stood Trevor in a suit and he looked amazing. She flicked her tongue to the corner of her lips to make sure she wasn't drooling.

"Princess you look amazing." Trevor beamed.

Before she could censor her mouth, "You look hot!" Alex immediately flushed with embarrassment and put a hand over her mouth. Adora was giggling.

Trevor burst out laughing and reached for her hand. "Come princess we don't want to keep the King waiting."

This is the first time she had been in the pack dining room and it was beautiful. They were seated at a table with the King. Daniel, Zoe and Marcus were at the next table. The other tables were taken by the council and the elders.

Xavier stood and walked to the Fireplace. All chatter stopped as they looked to the King. "I would like to thank Alpha Trevor and Luna Alexandra for a splendid dinner. I also wish to formally congratulate them on their mating." Everyone cheered and he held up his hand. "Please raise your glass and toast the mated couple. Cheers!"

Alex noticed out of the corner of her eye, Zoe with a scowl on her face. She could not imagine what could upset the usually chipper red head. Alex decided she would have to get her in private and talk.