Chapter 31

After breakfast everyone assembled in the office. "Xavier I have also called John to join us. He has information that I think you should also be aware of."

Xavier nodded. "I think, due to the nature of this conversation and the fact you have a traitor, That extra security was needed. I have guards stationed outside the windows, at the door and also the room next door. I also took the liberty of having your office swept last night and guards stationed outside."

"Wise decision. That is why you are King." Everyone laughed.

"I would like to say congratulations on your mating." Alex blushed furiously and looked at Trevor. She was mortified that someone had heard them last night.

Trevor smiled at her. "My love don't be embarrassed. They can smell the change in your scent. It now includes mine."

The door opened and John walked in and bowed. "Your Majesty..Alpha, I am sorry for keeping you waiting. A child came in with a broken arm."

Xavier smiled. "That is quite alright John, you must always take care of the pack first. While we are in private, you may call me Xavier." John nodded and quickly took a seat.

Trevor began. "When I met Alex she smelled human. After a few weeks her scent changed. She had no smell identifying her species. Then she was kidnapped. When we brought her home, her scent had changed to a wolf." He nodded to John.

John cleared his throat. "I took blood samples when she arrived to see what tranquilizer they had given her. I was astounded that she had wolf's blood. I had a previous sample I had taken when she was in a coma. It was completely human no trace of the wolf gene."

"When I first discovered she had no scent, I sent for John. He remembered reading the prophecy and brought the book to me."

The King sat quietly for a moment observing Alex. "Luna please tell me of your transformation."

Alex was nervous. Only tell them of the physical transformation. Nothing else. Adora coached. "Well it started with a fever. I thought I was getting sick from being in the damp basement. The fever worsened until I felt like my body was on fire. Then my bones started to ache and it soon turned into indescribable pain. At some point I passed out. When I woke up I was in wolf form. Then my wolf spoke to me and told me how to shift back."

Xavier sat with his elbows on the chair and fingers steepled. He seemed lost in thought. Alex looked at Trevor and he shrugged his shoulders.

"I would like a copy of the prophecy to study. You will need around the clock guards. I will leave a contingent of men behind to guard you. If you are the wolf of the prophecy there will be those who would seek you out, to harm you or mate with you." Trevor growled and it made Xavier laugh. "Calm down my friend, We will make sure she is protected. No one outside of this room is to know. Also where are the blood samples?"

"I have them locked in my safe."

"Excellent. I have to go now and meet with that idiot Conner." Everyone stood and bowed as the King left the room.

********

Zoe was pissed. There were guards everywhere and she couldn't listen to what was going on in the office. She had even taken a walk outside and there were guards by the windows. Zoe knew they were up to something in there and she was determined to find out what it was. Maybe if I seduce Daniel tonight he will tell me. Zoe smiled.

********

Zoe has been acting strange for weeks. When I talk to her she says everything is fine. I've tried to mate with her several times and she always comes up with a reason not to. I have never heard of a mate acting like this. The bond draws you together and you always desire each other. She has not been unfaithful or I would of felt it. Daniel was tired. He sat on the side of the bed with his head in his hands.

The bathroom door opened and he looked up. His breath caught in his throat. There stood Zoe wearing a red sheer lace bra and matching thong.

"Hello baby. Did you have a hard day?" Emphasizing hard and winked at him.