Chapter 25

Alex, it will be time to awake soon. Remember everything I have told you. No one can know of your abilities, not even our mate. They will know you are a wolf but not Lycan. Adora spoke quickly.

Adora I can not lie to Trevor!

It is only for a little while and then we can tell him everything. Just listen to me, when they question you. There will be others besides Trevor and they can not be trusted.

Fine! You better be right about this.

********

Trevor was sitting by her bed holding her hand, when he heard a commotion outside. He opened the door only to find Conner demanding to be let in. The guards were standing side by side blocking the door. "What do you want?" Trevor's voice was hard.

"I am head council and demand to see your mate!"

Trevor growled,"No one, including you, comes near her!"

"I will call a full council if you do not let me in!" Conner was livid.

Trevor smiled, his eyes glinted with anger. "I have spoken to the King. He will be here tomorrow."

Conner paled, opening and closing his mouth rapidly. His eyes radiated fury. When he spoke it was low and deadly. "How dare you usurp the council and go to the King. I will have your head." He turned and walked away.

Trevor closed the door and went back to sit with Alex. He cupped her cheek with his hand. "You are so beautiful. I'm sorry I didn't keep you safe. I promise I will not let it happen again. Please wake up princess."

The door opened and the pack doctor walked in. He seemed flustered. "Alpha...I have some unusual test results."

"What do you mean? Is she okay?!"

John waved his hand. "She's fine. I'm sorry I should have approached this better. The Luna's blood that I took when she was here before and the sample I took yesterday...they're different."

"What the hell are you trying to say?! Is she sick?!" Trevor was gripping Alex's hand hard.

John ran a hand through his hair. "No. I don't even know how its possible..."

Trevor interrupted him. "What is going on?! Spit it out!"

"The Luna's blood is no longer human. She has wolf's blood."

Trevor was shocked he looked from John to Alex. He sniffed and realized that her scent had changed. "How could I miss it? She smells like a wolf." His eyes flicked back to John. "How?"

John shook his head. "I don't know Alpha. Its not possible to turn from a human to a wolf. I thoroughly checked her previous sample. There was no trace of the wolf gene."

"This information is to be kept confidential. Did anyone else examine her blood?"

"No. I did it all personally."

"I want both samples and anything that might have a trace of her blood on it brought to me. Seal it in a padded envelope. Don't let anyone see what you are doing."

"Yes Alpha." John turned and hurried out the door.

Trevor turned back to look at Alex in amazement.