chapter 6

Trevor you need to get here right away we have a ...situation. Christian mind linked.

What happened? Where are you? If she is hurt I will kill you! Trevor growled.

Just come I'll explain when you get here...Owen is here too.

Trevor cut him off and linked Marcus, his third in command, Marcus I need you to meet me at the boat! Now! "Daniel keep working I'll be back as soon as I can."

Trevor drove the boat at full throttle across the lake. "Man slow down! Are you trying to kill us?!" Marcus was gripping the seat so hard his knuckles were turning white, to keep from flying out of the boat. Trevor ignored him and Marcus saw from the look on his face not to push it. Trevor's jaw was clinched and his eyes were black. Two minutes later they were pulling up to the dock. Trevor lept from the boat and yelled at Marcus, "Tie it up and hurry!" As he walked away.

"He's here. Now let me do the talking so you all don't get killed. Understood?" The enforcers nodded at Owen.

Trevor caught their scent and went crashing through the woods toward them. What he saw almost made him transform and kill them all! There stood Owen and the enforcers with Alex and Sammy laying at their feet. He let out a growl that made the ground shake and the trees sway "WHAT HAPPENED TO HER?!" Owen knew he had to be careful. An angry Alpha could go wolf at any minute.

"Alpha Black she followed the dog into the woods and became startled. She tripped then passed out. Otherwise she is fine."

Trevor closed his eyes and took deep breaths trying to calm his wolf. Everyone shifted nervously as they waited for him to speak. "Lets get her into the house and then we WILL discuss how the hell this happened. Owen you carry Alex and Gabriel you bring the dog."

Owen laid Alex on her bed carefully and removed her shoes. When he went to cover her up Trevor stopped him with a hand to his forearm. "Have Shirley come up to sit with her and tell the others to meet me in the living room."

"Yes Alpha." Owen turned and left the room shutting the door behind him.

Trevor covered her with the sheet and sat next to her on the bed. He held her small hand in his and felt the tingles erupt all up his arm. Alex sighed and he quickly let go of her hand and left the room.

Trevor walked into the room with a scowl on his face and crossed his arms. He scanned everyone in the room. "I want to know everything that happened tonight. Christian lets start with you. Why do you have a wound on your leg?"

"The dog bit me." He mumbled.

"Okay...start at the beginning and tell me how you ended up bitten by Alex's dog."

"Alpha I was at the west treeline watching the back of the house. Then she opened her window and sat down in front of it. I decided I would move a little closer, since her window was open, just in case something happened. I stepped on a twig and it snapped. I didn't think she would hear because she is human, but her head snapped up and she started searching the woods. I heard her gasp and then she left the window. I could hear the dog barking and growling, then the back door opened and he came running at me. I turned to run and he got my back leg and clamped down. I shifted and punched him in the head and knocked him out. I linked Owen to come help with the dog. He picked up the dog and started to carry him back." Christian said with downcast eyes.

"Owen?"

"Alpha she came looking for the dog and I was walking towards her. As I got close she screamed, turned to run, fell and then passed out. It happened so fast I didn't get a chance to let her know it was me. I called the other enforcers to help guard her and Christian called you."

Trevor closed his eyes and ran his hands through his hair. It was so quiet the only thing you heard was the ticking of the grandfather clock in the hallway. What felt like hours, to the men standing in front of him, but was only a couple minutes, Trevor opened his eyes and started to speak. "In just a few short hours...the person you are suppose to protect...is laying upstairs unconscious. You, Christian are my lead enforcer and you three are my top ranked enforcers. It seems I could of just used 4 omegas to protect her instead!"

He ran his hand over his face and took a deep breath. "Christian when we're done you go to the pack doctor. Marcus I will need you to take his place. Now...we need to decide what to tell her when she wakes up."

******** 

The tiny strip of sunlight, between the closed curtains, shown across Alex's face. She groaned and rolled over to sleep a little more. After a few minutes she gave up. Once awake she couldn't go back to sleep. She threw back the sheets and stumbled to the bathroom, hoping a shower would get her going. OMG! What happened last night? The last thing she remembered were legs and screaming. Alex jumped out of the shower, hurriedly got dressed and ran down the stairs.

"Good morning Alex." Shirley and Owen greeted her as she entered the kitchen.

"Please tell me what happened last night!" Then she remembered her baby "Sammy! Where is he? Is he ok?"

"Honey calm down. He is ok. I gave him breakfast and he is asleep in the living room." Shirley took Alex's hand and started rubbing her arm. "Now take a deep breath and go sit down, I'll bring you a cup of coffee." Alex sat down at the table with her head in her hands.

"I'm sorry for scaring you last night. I was taking the path through the woods to check on the house before I went to sleep. I found Sammy and was walking him back when I heard you call for him. I starting walking towards your voice and then you flashed the light towards me. Before I could call out and let you know it was me, you screamed and fell. Then you passed out. I carried you back to the house and called Shirley. She said you were alright and to just let you sleep." Owen sighed. They watched her intently, waiting for a reaction. Alex lifted her head and nodded.

After breakfast Alex took her coffee and went out to the dock. There was something niggling at the back of her mind. Something to do with the 'eyes' she saw in the woods. Then she wondered why Sammy would just walk with Owen, instead of running to her when she called. Alex was so deep in thought that she didn't notice the boat until it was to the dock. The driver cut the engine and hopped on to the dock and tied it off. When he turned to face her, she was sure her mouth was hanging open. There stood, by far, the best looking man she had ever seen in her life. He was tall maybe 6'5" with black wind swept hair, crystal blue eyes and perfect full bow lips. He was wearing a black tee that clung tightly to his muscled body and black shorts that showed his defined legs. His arms were packed with muscles. She heard him clear his throat and she had to give herself a mental shake.

" Oh...um...hi." She said quietly.

He smiled, "Hi I'm Trevor Black. I live just across the lake. I thought I would come welcome you to Milford Lake."

Holy moly! That voice! It was a deep rich baritone and reminded her of her favorite singer, Josh Turner. Alex stood and offered her hand, "Pleasure to meet you. I'm Alex."