Chapter 17

Alex was frustrated that she was still there. It had been a week and there was no sign of rescue or possible escape. Her eyes burned and her skin was hot. Just great I'm getting a fever! What next?!

The light came on and she knew it was dinner time. The man approached with the tray and as usual said nothing, as he slid the tray into her cell. "Hey tall, dark and gloomy? I think I have a fever can you get me some aspirin?" He nodded and started to walk away. "Wait I'm not finished!" The man turned back. "I'm also bored. What do you have for entertainment?" He only stared. "Yeah sorry, forgot about the no talking thing. Ok, I'm guessing I can't have a TV. What about books? I like mysteries, do you have any?" He nodded, turned and left. This time he did not turn the light out. Alex sighed, grabbed her tray and sat on her bed to eat.

********

"Daniel it's been a week, do you have any leads?" Trevor was looking bad, dark circles under his eyes, he had not slept in 4 days.

"I'm sorry Alpha. Every lead is a dead end."

Just as Trevor was about to speak someone knocked on the door. "Come in".

"Alpha?" Zoe asked. "How are you? Everyone in the pack is so worried right now. Not only for you but our Luna."

"Hi Zoe. I appreciate your concern. I will let you know if I need anything."

Daniel frowned at her. He knew something wasn't right but could not place his finger on it. "We're fine Zoe. Leave." Daniel was angry.

"I'm sorry. I was only trying to help." She sighed.

Trevor jumped in, "Its okay Zoe. Please leave us." Zoe bowed and walked out of the door.

"What's going on Daniel? I've never seen you so disrespectful to your mate."

"I don't know. She has been hiding things from me. When I confront her, she always has an excuse for her behavior. I'm worried Trevor."

"What kind of things?"

"I smelled her scent in the prison and she swore she was never there. Also she has been getting up in the middle of the night and claims she is only going to the kitchen for water."

"Was there anything on the surveillance when her scent was present?"

"I'm sorry Alpha but it seems that the cameras have not been recording for over 2 weeks."

"What?! How the hell is that possible?"

Daniel sighed. "I think, whoever the traitor is, managed to also disable the system. Someone using Marcus' login went into the security system and turned off the recording. I checked Marcus' whereabouts and he was guarding Alex at the time."

Just as Trevor was about to speak, there was a knock at the door. "Come in!" He growled.

Christian came in and bowed his head quickly. "Alpha we have a lead on Derek. He is staying with rouges about half an hour from here on neutral territory."

"Has Alex been spotted there?"

"I'm sorry Alpha, no. The enforcers I have on surveillance have only seen Derek. It's possible they have her locked away."

"Damn! I swear I will kill them all if she is hurt. How many are there?"

"It varies. On average there are 15 there at any given time."

Trevor just sat there quietly, staring at the wall. Daniel and Christian looked at each other. Daniel just shook his head. 10 minutes later, Trevor finally spoke. "Christian, I want you, Gabriel, Noel and Leon to meet us in the secure room in 15 minutes. Communicate only through mind link. They are to tell no one of this meeting, including their mates."

"Yes Alpha." Christian Left the room quickly.

"Trevor what's going on?" Daniel looked worried.

"We can't talk here. I'll explain everything when we get downstairs."

********

Zoe was pissed. They were going to have a secure meeting. She had no way to contact Derek, they still had all his personal effects locked downstairs. Zoe had to find out what was going on. There was no way that she would allow them to find the bitch! The only option she had left was to call the council.

********

"What do you mean she's still not there?!"

"I'm sorry Derek. The guys are still watching the house. The only ones coming and going are the wolves that walk the dog and take care of the house." The rouge named Samuel said.

"Listen, if you want to keep our deal and get paid, you better find her!"