34

This was my favorite chapter to write so far lmao

...

Amelia

It's 20 minutes to midnight and I cannot seem to find Harry anywhere. His house seems bigger than I thought tonight, or perhaps it's I'm just pretty drunk. Either or, I can't find my boyfriend I so desperately want to see.

"Have you seen Harry?" I ask Mitch loudly over the music and screams of the people around us.

I don't know what I was expecting but this party is way more crowded than I thought it would be. I've never really been to parties before, minus the occasional with Shannon back when we first started college, but this is so much more than those frat and college parties. Harry must have invited nearly everyone he knows. I kept up initially when he was introducing me but now these people are back to just being strangers.

"I thought he was with you," Mitch tells me.

I furrow my eyebrows and shake my head.

"I thought he was with you," I retort.

As soon as the words leave my lips, however, I spot a very drunk Harry Styles climbing up onto his kitchen counter with a karaoke microphone in his hand. Once he's stable on top, his eyes search the crowd until they land on me, a cheeky smile gracing his pretty face.

"This song goes out to my absolutely smashing girlfriend, Amelia" he says into the mic, causing me to raise a hand up to cover my face out of embarrassment. However, I can't help but crack a smile at how incredibly intoxicated he is. "You must be a lamp, babe, because you light up my world like nobody else."

"Oh my God," I groan.

Mitch begins to laugh uncontrollably next to me, causing me to join him. I hope Harry doesn't remember this in the morning. 

Hell, I hope I don't remember this in the morning.

The regular music is cut off and replaced by the sound of a karaoke version of 'The Chain' by Fleetwood Mac.

 As much as I love the song, I love drunk Harry singing it even more and apparently so does all of his guests. Eventually they all gather around him for his mini four minute long concert, cheering and singing along like he's currently on tour.

"He's lost it," Mitch says to me after Harry's performance. The mic is then passed down to someone else as Harry climbs off his table, grabbing something off of it in the process.

"This isn't usual for him?" I tease.

Mitch chuckles as Harry stumbles over to us, handing me a banana when he reaches us.

"I'm bananas for you," he tells me, leaning in to give me a sloppy kiss. I smile into it and jokingly shove him off.

"You're insane," I tell him.

"Insane for you," he says, grinning from ear to ear.

"That one was a stretch," I joke.

"A stretch just like I'm goi-"

"Don't even finish that," I threaten, not knowing what was about to come out of Harry's mouth, although I have a very very vague idea and it contains some explicit and sexual context.

Harry laughs and throws an arm around my shoulders, pulling me close to him. He kisses my temple letting his lips linger for a moment.

"What a happy couple," Mitch comments, looking at us with half-joking heart eyes.