4

Amelia

After what feels like hours of digging through my wardrobe, I finally find an outfit I find suitable. I was half tempted to ring up Shannon for some fashion advice, but that would open up an entirely different conversation about why I'm going out in the first place and I'm just not ready for that. 

I opt for a black, lace camisole that I tuck into a pair of blue jeans. I top it with an off-white cardigan, that's almost grey in color. To dress it up, I put on a necklace that my friend, Christian, gave me for my birthday last year, as well as a small pair of hoop earrings and a couple of rings. 

It's a rather simple outfit but it's also dressy enough to go out in. I almost put on a full-fledged dress but I knew I would have been uncomfortable the entire evening. I don't mind wearing dresses on the occasion, but mainly just for formal events. 

I then opt to pull my hair back into a low bun, allowing a few strands to fall out, framing my face. My hair had become rather frizzy on the way home so I figured wearing it out of my face was a safe move. 

I also touch up my makeup, which wasn't much to begin with. I had some on from earlier in the day so all I do is set it with some powder and apply a thin layer of lipstick.  

When I'm finally satisfied with how I look, I grab a clutch and throw all of my essentials inside before ultimately leaving my apartment. I'm running late but hopefully I don't have to wait too long for a subway. 

As I make my way to Harry's, I can't help but think about how crazy this is. Even if this wasn't Harry Styles, meeting a stranger and going out with them just isn't something I would typically do. It's so out of my comfort zone. 

Curiosity is a fascinating thing. I honestly wouldn't have left if I was sure the note was placed on my phone by accident, but my interest got the best of me and I felt this need to find out. 

When I finally see the outside of Harry's hotel, after catching a subway and walking the several blocks to the Four Seasons, I briefly have a moment of panic where I want to turn around and go home. My fight-or-fight instinct kicks in even worse than it did earlier, probably because I know seeing Harry will be inevitable this time.

It takes everything in me to walk through the golden revolving doors. I clench my hand not holding my clutch into a tight fist as I enter the hotel for the second time today. Without giving it much thought, mainly so I don't overthink my current predicament, I walk up the few stairs and into the lobby, scanning the area. 

Sure enough, to my left, I see Harry sitting in one of the hotel lobby's chairs. He hasn't noticed me yet since his head is buried in his cell phone, so I take this time to really study him and make sure this isn't some wild dream of mine. The rational part of my brain is still partially convinced that I've made up the past couple of days. Spontaneous things like this don't typically happen to people like me. 

Harry's clad in the same black jeans as before, only this time he's paired a blue button-down and a black blazer with it. It looks good on him, but he could pull off anything if he really tried.

His hair remains down but less messy than it did earlier. His curls are more defined which makes me wonder if he ran product through his hair. I don't know why, but I smile at the thought of Harry putting effort into how he looks to go out with me. 

I walk a little closer to him, my heart beginning to race from nerves, after staring like a creep. Once I get within a few feet of him, his eyes snap up and meet mine. He puts his phone down and smiles while allowing his eyes to wander up and down my body. 

Is he checking me out?

"You look lovely," he says once he stands up and takes a couple of steps toward me.