40

Hi, me again :) This is another new addition to the book. 

Enjoy xx

...

Amelia

Harry's been acting weird since we got home, well home as in back to Harry's Los Angeles house.  He seems...off and I'm not entirely sure why. He hasn't been looking at me and overtime I try to make conversation, he keeps his replies vague and short. 

I thought the day went pretty well. He was in good spirits this morning despite being nervous for his haircut. Then after the big chop he seemed okay. We went out with his mom for a couple of hours and had an early dinner, along with her friend Sharon who I really like. Harry seemed fine then but then things started going south once we were alone. 

Did I do something wrong? I don't think I did, but maybe I pried into his personal life without meaning to. I didn't think I asked Anne anything too invasive but I'm not entirely sure. It's hard to constantly think about what I can and can't ask about in regards to Harry's life. I would never ask about little details or things I know are supposed to be kept private, but maybe Harry doesn't know that. Maybe he sees me as an invader. 

I take my time getting changed into one of Harry's shirts and a pair of shorts. I also take my makeup off and brush through my hair, causing it to frizz up but I don't really care right now. I'm more concerned with what's going on with Harry right now. 

After procrastinating, I finally make my way out of the spare bedroom and head to Harry's for the night, if he still wants me. He hasn't said anything about not wanting me to spend the night, but he also hasn't been vocal about it like he normally is. I've gotten so used to him expressing his excitement and joy about me sleeping with him in his bed over the past couple of days that it's weird to just be met with radio silence. 

I push open the door to Harry's room and find him sitting on the edge of his bed, holding up a little mirror in front of his face while he inspects his new haircut. I smile at the sight. He looks cute with short hair. I loved the long but I think this suits him. It makes his cheekbones stand out more and highlights the pretty features of his face. 

"It looks good," I tell him, causing his eyes to snap over to me and hiss cheeks to flush from having been caught looking at himself. He lowers the mirror down and sheepishly shrugs while looking at the ground, causing me to frown. "Do you not think it does?" I ask. 

Harry sighs. 

"I don't know," he quietly admits, causing my heart to break. "I think it does but it's just...different."

My frown deepens as I walk over to him and sit down next to him on the bed. I place a hand on his thigh causing him to look over at me. 

"I think it looks good," I tell him, giving him a small smile to reassure him. "I think it really suits you. It defines your features more and when it grows out a little bit, your curls will be extra bouncy." 

Harry faintly smiles. 

"You think it looks good?" he asks. 

He reminds me of a little boy right now, looking for some sort of comfort. 

"I do. I really do," I tell him. 

I lean forward, Harry. meeting me halfway to gently connect our lips together in a featherlight kiss. He seems hesitant but eventually presses his lips more forcefully to mine as he loosens up. 

I wind up cupping his cheeks in both of my hands to pull his face closer to mine. Instinctively, his hands find my waist, effectively dropping the mirror he was holding to the ground.