6

Amelia

Finding myself in Harry's hotel room is something I never thought would happen, and I'm not really sure how we ended up here. As per Harry's suggestion, we wound up getting a bite to eat at some discreet café nearby. It started raining shortly after we arrived, and Harry offered to let me stay at his hotel until the weather cleared up. I didn't mind traveling in the rain since I've done it before, but I still found myself agreeing to go with Harry, not wanting to leave him just yet. 

The hotel room is - well - luxurious. All of the appliances are top of the line. The sheets and carpeting is pristine. And there's an absolutely beautiful view of the New York City skyline from how high up we are. I found myself staring out the window in a daze until Harry took me out of my thoughts by telling me to make myself at home. 

It took me a while to get comfortable. I was too nervous to even touch anything because of how extravagant everything is. It also doesn't help that Harry has all of his belongings strewn about. Empty Gucci boxes scatter the floor and fashionable pieces of clothing are laid over almost every chair. I find it amusing how Harry is so humble yet his spending says otherwise. The clothing alone in the room must cost more than a couple of months of rent for me. 

Currently, after Harry teased me about not wanting to mess anything up in his room, I find myself sat on his bed. My back is pressed up against the headboard and Harry sits in front of me, letting me braid his hair. We had gotten into some conversation about hairstyles and jokingly I offered to braid his hair. I was rather surprised when he agreed, and rather eagerly nonetheless. 

"I haven't had my hair braided since I was in One Direction," Harry quietly tells me. 

I hum in response, finishing up one of his braids with a hair tie on my wrist. 

His hair is surprisingly softer than I expected. I had the urge to run my fingers through it when we first got together, and now that my wish has finally been completed, I'm not disappointed. I wonder what conditioner he uses. Probably something top-of-the-line, no doubt. 

"Do you miss them?" I ask before I can stop myself. Harry tenses up briefly as I run my fingers through the loose hair on the other side of his head. "You don't have to answer that. I'm sorry. I don't mean to pry - "

"It's okay, Amelia," Harry responds. He relaxes and leans back into my touch. "I miss them, although we talk regularly for the most part. It's just...different. Like a whole part of my life has been lost." 

I frown. Speaking as a One Direction fan, I know I was upset when I heard about the 'hiatus' but it never occurred to me that the boys would be as upset as us, if not more so. I guess I just assumed it was what they all wanted and they were ready to move on with their lives.

"It's not really lost though," I say as I finally begin the second braid. "It's just stored in a special place right now. You know exactly where it is." 

Harry sighs.

"That's true. I guess I just mean it's gone now. It's a weird feeling to close such a significant chapter in your life," he says. I could only imagine. One Direction was huge and although they claim to come back, it'll never be the same as when they were exclusively a band. "Can I ask you something?" 

My heart flutters and that feeling in my chest I had earlier comes back to haunt me briefly. 

"Sure," I respond. 

Harry hesitates.

"Was I your favorite member of One Direction?"

I roll my eyes and finish the second braid off with another hair tie. Here I thought it was going to be something serious.