14

Shoutout to @courtneynotcox for some inspiration in this lol

...

Amelia

I'm in a mood when Harry comes to pick me up so we can go to Emma's soccer game. Yesterday was a bad day and I've just been on edge in general recently. Harry definitely notices my horrid mood too because I've barely said a word since we left my apartment. He tried to make small talk initially, but I've brushed off nearly everything he's said. I don't mean to be a bitch, especially to Harry, but I'm just not really in the mood to socialize today.

It's been about an hour since Harry picked me up and we've been sitting in completely silence since then. Harry glances over every now and then, debating if he should say anything probably, but I just focus out the window, staring at the buildings as they flash by.

"Do you mind if I put the radio on?" Harry asks me, quietly.

I hum in response, and give him the go ahead. 

He turns on the car radio and immediately a One Direction song starts playing. A smile plays on my lips as I turn to face him but he doesn't look amused. He just look irritated

"Seriously?" He mutters, going to change it.

"No!" I speak for the first time, reaching out and grabbing his hand to stop him from touching the radio controls. "I like this song."

Harry sighs, but a smile creeps on his face as "What Makes You Beautiful" blasts through the car. 

The two of us wind up singing along and belting out the lyrics at ungodly volumes. I actually think Harry is trying to be as loud and obnoxious as possible, in fact. His voice, although still effortlessly good, sounds more like shouting than anything. 

"You have quite the vocals," Harry comments when we've finished our duet, both of us laughing over the ridiculousness of it. 

I roll my eyes. I'm a terrible singer, like actually the worst. I used to be in choir back in middle school but even my instructor suggested I take up something else, like band or art. 

"Sure," I say sarcastically.

"I mean it! You're a good singer, love." 

I laugh, a blush spreading on my face at Harry's lame attempt to compliment me, but the blush deepens from pink to tomato red when I realize I'm still holding Harry's hand in both of mine. I was so into the song that I hadn't noticed I didn't let go. 

"I'm sorry," I mutter, quickly letting go of his hand only to be met with the coldness of the air.

Harry frowns and moves it away slowly to put it back on the steering wheel. 

"Don't be sorry," he says, so quietly I'm not even sure if he really said it. He sighs and clears his throat. "I'm glad that you've perked up though, Amelia. You seemed upset when I first got you." 

I sigh.

"I'm sorry. I had a bad day yesterday," I vaguely answer. 

I focus out the window again and gaze at our surroundings. We're very close to Emma's school now and I'm starting to fill with nostalgia as we enter my hometown. It's weird being here, especially with Harry. It's like I'm opening up a piece of my life to him - more than a piece really. I mean, this is where I spent most of my life. I've never lived anywhere else other than here. 

"Is everything okay?" Harry asks after a brief moment of hesitation. "I know - I know we don't know each other too well but I want you to know you can always talk to me. I'm a good listener. I care about what's going on."