2

Amelia

There are over 7 billion people in the world and Harry Styles is the one to find my phone. The chances of that happening are seemingly impossible, but I suppose even the impossible is possible sometimes. My mom used to tell me that as a child but I never believed her. 

Shannon must notice the wide eyed look that crosses my face as I remain on the phone. She furrows her eyebrows and mouths "who is it?". I hold up a finger to her, signaling I'll tell her in a second.

"I don't believe you," I skeptically tell him, although who am I kidding? His voice is iconically Harry's and there would be no reason to lie, especially when he is trying to plan how to give it back in person. 

"I wouldn't lie," Harry says, lightheartedly.

I sigh. Where do we go from here? Obviously I get my phone back at some point but the middle is so foggy. I feel as if I'm in some weird dream right now, or on an episode of Punk'd and Ashton Kutcher is going to pop out from behind my sofa and tell me this is all a prank. 

"I can drop it off to you if you'd like," Harry offers after a moment of silence. "I really don't mind."

I sigh again. This is a bad idea but I find myself leaning toward my intuition to give in. 

"Okay," I hesitantly agree.

 My mind is racing with a million different thoughts as I give Harry my address. Maybe I shouldn't trust him so easily with knowing where I live, but something inside of me is telling me it'll all be okay. Is that cliché? Probably.

Harry and I exchange brief goodbyes after he tells me he's going to leave in a minute to come over. Dazed and confused, I hang up and then slowly pass Shannon's phone back to her. 

"You gave them our address?" She asks me somewhat irritably as she takes her phone from me and slides it into her jeans pocket. 

I nod. 

"Yeah, he's going to drop it off," I reply, my voice slightly higher than normal.

"What if he comes back and murders us, Amelia?" Shannon sighs. "You can't just give strangers our address. I know you want your phone back but couldn't we have met him somewhere in public?"

"He won't murder us."

"And how can you be so sure? Have you seen Law and Order or NCIS or literally any crime television show? They always come back!"

I sigh and run a hand through my unruly hair, my fingers getting caught in all the knots.

"I don't think Harry Styles is out to murder anyone," I mumble. 

Shannon gives me a ludicrous look, her green eyes nearly falling out of her head as she tries to wrap her mind around what I just said. 

"I'm sorry, what?" Shannon asks. "You're joking and it's not funny."

"I wish I was joking," I admit. 

"This isn't funny Amelia, give it up."

"I'm not joking," I argue with her, slightly annoyed she isn't believing me although I probably wouldn't either if the roles were reversed. "Harry Styles has my phone. Did you notice what he was wearing when I knocked into him? He was all covered up like he was hiding. And then I knew his voice sounded familiar on the phone but I didn't put two and two together until he actually told me his name. It's definitely him. It has to be."

I see Shannon physically thinking. Her eyebrows furrow slightly and she chews the inside of her cheek while the gears turn in her head. I know it sounds absolutely absurd that Harry Styles is in possession of my phone. I'm still in shock myself, but for some reason, I don't find myself doubting that it's true. Maybe I'm just delusional but I'll take this fantasy any day over the more realistic possibility of some creep pretending to be Harry just to come over.