Damian x reader part 2

Since lots of you asked for it, I decided to make one lol 

~~Damian's pov~~

I stared at the ring in my hand, it was (Y/n)'s. I turned to my wife, and she was... cradling her son in her arms. She turned to me with her bags and thanked me. "Be careful out there." I said to her and she nodded and left. 

She was a refugee, and her country was in civil war. She didn't want to raise her child in that environment, and to get safe passage into this country, she needed to marry and gain citizenship. I didn't mind that much, and I'm glad (Y/n) didn't come to the wedding. If she had, I don't think I'd have been able to through with it.

Dick came in and escorted my now, ex-wife out to the car to take her somewhere to start her new life. I put the ring back in the nightstand drawer and lay down in the bed, staring at the ceiling. 

~~(Y/n)'s pov~~

I sat against the wall, rubbing my finger, where my ring used to be. "... I have to move on..." I mumbled. "I know I do..." I smiled, "But I can't.." I stared at the ground and listened silently at the footsteps that passed me. There were some nice people who'd leave some change in front of me. I didn't care if they did  or didn't give me any change. I stared at the small pile of coins in front of me. I gathered it, using my shirt as a basket and passed it to another person who was, like me, without a home. They thanked me and I just smiled and went back to my own area. I bumped into someone, and without looking, I apologized and continued walking.

~~Tim's pov~~

"Tim, something wrong?" I turned back to Cass.

".. No, just thought I saw... someone." I turned back, trying to find the girl again. "Nevermind, probably mistaken." I said and Cass and I continued our date.

~~(Y/n)/s pov~~ 

It got dark quick, and with the night comes the cold. I like many others gathered at the nearby alley where an empty barrel was lit with a warm fire. I sat near the flame, as did a few others, conversing about how their day, some had a few funny stories on what they had seen happen in their area. 

Even though the lot of us weren't living the best life, a few of us try to make the best of it. By people watching, nature watching, or sleeping all day, and not having to work. In some ways, it sounds.. bad, but to them they like it since it is a relaxing lifestyle.

It got quiet after a while and as it got later, the fire got dimmer and people began to leave to get some sleep. I was one of the last ones to leave. I stretched a bit and made my way back to my little tent. I stopped about 5 feet away noticing a couple shadows by the tent. Thinking it was some cops, I hid myself. Depending what kind of cop it is, they might make me leave, or let me stay. "She's not here."

"Should we wait for her to come back?"

"She can't be living here, are you sure you saw correctly?"

"I'm sure."

Thinking that they aren't cops, I decided to reveal myself. "May I help you?" I asked.

Both figures turned to me, and I was able to see they were in dressed in armor. I noticed the bat insignia on one of their chests, and I felt my blood run cold. Could it be possible I was mistaken for some criminal, or do they think that I might have some information on a case of theirs.

The two of them seemed to talk with each other. One of them left, and the other one walked towards me. "I want to talk with you." he said to me.

"We can talk here." I said.

"Somewhere more... private." he said holding his gloved hand out to me. I looked at him, staring at his white lensed eyes. I placed my hand in his and he pulled me into a hug and kept my head against his armored chest. I felt my feet lift off the ground and I closed my eyes, hugging the man tighter before feeling my feet touch the ground again. I stepped away staring at him, Batman.

"What do you want with me?" I asked looking around seeing I couldn't run since we were on a high rise building.

"Calm down. I won't hurt you." he said gently.

"I don't know you." I said keeping a good distance between the two of us. 

"(Y/n)." he called my name. I stared at him, and he reached for his cowl, pulling it down. 

".. Dam..ian.." I mumbled seeing him in front of me. ".. You're.. batman.." I said softly.

"I was going to tell you, before we got married. But things started going faster and before I knew it, we were engaged, and then not." he said.

I stepped closer to him. ".. You were.. looking for me?" I asked.

"Tim.. said he thought he saw you earlier today. He said you seemed off. He looked into it and we found that you were living out in the streets." he said and stretched a hand out, resting it against my cheek. "Come back with me. You don't belong.. on the streets." he said to me, leaning down towards me.

"I'm not that different from anyone here." I said staring in front of me, stepping away from him. ".. I.. I'm not... mentally stable..." I whispered. "I can't afford help.. and its hard to talk to people about it. People here don't treat me different when they find out about my condition. Some people are sensitive about it, but they make me feel comfortable." I said, looking at him. "Besides, Dami.. you're married." I said to him.

"N-no, (Y/n). Let me explain, I-" I shook my head. 

".. You should live your life.. and let me live mine." I said turning around. I heard footsteps behind me, knowing he was walking towards me since it was getting louder.

"I want to live my life with you." He said placing a hand on my shoulder, turning me around. "I love you. I adore you.. I want you." he whispered giving me a quick kiss, wrapping his arms around my waist. "Come back with me." he said kissing me again.

I loved it, his kisses.. his attention... I loved him, but I can't give him the family he wants. I tried to step away, but his hands around me didn't let me leave. "Damian... I can't" I said covering his mouth, pulling away. "I love you. I do." I said staring into his eyes. "But, I can't give you what you want. You want children, you want a family." I said and he stared down at me.

"I do. I do want a family. We could always adopt.. But, if it's not with you, then I don't need it." he said staring down at me.

I felt tears start going down my face. I leaned into his hand and he smiled down at me and leaned his forehead against mine. "Will you come back with me?" he asked.

"... Are you sure?" I asked him.

"With all my heart." he said.

".. Really, really sure?" I asked smiling slightly. 

"Entirely and completely." he smiled kissing me again.

~~~~~~

Sorry if you guys wanted a sad ending to this ... '-'