Batbros x reader

Requested by: Conny_is_delicious

~~~~~~

I stared down at the note in front of me. "Are you hungry?" I looked up at Alfred and I nodded and he smiled. He did some simple motions with his hands, asking me, if I had any requests.

"Anything is fine." I signed back, albeit slowly.

Alfred smiled and made his way into the kitchen. I sighed, staring at the textbook beside me, it was a book on sign language. I already knew a few basics and phrases since I had to learn a few for covert missions, but to think I'd need it to communicate now.

I saw a shadow of a person approaching from behind me. I turned to see it was Dick. The first thing he did was pull me in a hug. It's been his way of greeting me the past month. I was the fourth youngest. Younger than Dick, Jason and Timmy but older than Dami.

After my accident with the joker, they've been practicing sign language with me. Father and Alfred were already fluent in it, and in more than just the American version. Damian knew the Arabic version, and taught me a few swears, which annoys Jason and father. 

It was hard telling the school how I became deaf, but I guess father pulled some strings and I was pulled out of school. Father said for the rest of the year, my brothers would homeschool me while I also learn sign. I didn't mind since all of them have different teaching styles and I get to learn in bed, and I can skip classes depending on patrol schedules. 

I felt a tap on my head and looked up to see it was Dick. He stepped back from the hug and slowly signed, "How are you feeling?" he asked me.

"I'm fine." I replied. He just smiled and pet my head. I don't know if he believes me or not. Even if Dick was the most expressive out of all of us, he's good at hiding it right now. I looked at the time and noticed it was the time Tim usually comes down for his coffee. I made my way into the kitchen, and started a fresh pot of coffee, some sugar cubes, milk, a mixing spoon and a new cup.

I turned and jumped to see Dick had followed me. "For Tim." I signed and he was confused and I motioned to the time.

He turned to look at the time, just in time for Tim to enter the kitchen. I smiled and waved and he saw me and smiled. He noticed the new coffee and thanked me. Tim and Jason speak more to me than sign, but only because I asked them to, I wanted to try improve my lip reading since not everyone I meet will know sign.

"I also got you a new cup." I sighed and held my hand out for his old cup, which he gave me. I smiled and quickly washed it and placed it to dry.

A little while later, Alfred finished making me some food and I ate with Dick. He would practice signing food with me, and then quiz me. 

Lately, Tim and father have been a bit buys, but they haven't shown me anything so I assume it has something to do with either Joker or a different criminal. Since Joker was the cause of my deafness they probably don't want me seeing anything about him. I was upset at first, but eventually knew being angry wouldn't bring my hearing back. The best I could do is learn to cope, and start looking for a hearing aide, or something like that. 

~~~~

I watched as Jason did his shooting practice. I had no lessons today, I was bored and Jason had come over. Damian was also here, but he was off to the side, stealing the gardeners job by cutting all the weeds with his katana. 

Jason came towards me, "Want to try?" he asked me, holding the gun out.

I stared at it and then nodded. He smiled and helped me put in the ear protection gear and set up new targets for me. As he did all that, I reloaded the gun with rubber bullets.

After shooting all the bullets, I turned to see Jason, Damian, Tim, Alfred, Dick and father. I blankly stared at them since I didn't notice at all. "This is for you." Damian signed, walking up with a box. I took it and opened it, and saw it was a small black case. 

I looked back at them and they just smiled. I opened the case and it was a pair of earbuds, in the color black. I looked at them confused. "Put it on." Dick signed.

I was confused, but did so anyway. I put in the earbuds, after taking off the protective ear gear and paused hearing the slight sound of wind. I looked up at all of them.

"How is it?" father asked.

"I.. I can hear." I spoke slowly, never thought I'd miss hearing my own voice that much. I covered my mouth in surprise, "You made these?" I asked.

"We had some magical assistance." Damian answered.

"You obviously can't wear it to sleep, it is waterproof, and if you ever lose it, like everything else, it will come back thanks to magic." Dick told me.

"It also is small and not noticeable like others. It also connects to the comms so you don't even need your built in radio anymore." Tim explained.

"It should be obvious, but you can't exactly wear it during school time. It's a hearing aide with added magic, but it also functions as regular earbuds." he said handing me my phone and let me play a song, that did indeed play.

"You could've just got me any regular hearing aide. It's unfair if I get something like this but others..." I mumbled.

"Actually..." Tim awkwardly coughed. "Wayne Industries is starting to manufacture these as well, without the whole magic aspect though. It's still in trial phases for commercial use, but since you're has magic in them it's ready for use." he told me.

"Thank you." I smiled at them.

"Come here." Dick offered a hug and I quickly hugged him and pulled in everyone else for a hug.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Let's go, we have a sign lesson today." Dick said.

".... oh come on.." I sighed and he smiled as all four of my brothers forced me into the library for today's lesson.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you  liked it!!! Also sorry for lack of updates!! 

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ My excuse is laziness