Dick x reader part 2

Warning: slight angst

italics are flashbacks

~~~~~~

I stared at the slip in my hand with Dick's number scribbled onto it. "This is ridiculous." I mumbled and tossed the note onto my dresser and fell back into my bed. I turned my head at my nightstand and opened the bottom drawer and took out a beat up shoe box. I set it on my bed and opened it and dumped the things onto my bed. There were some notes, and pictures, and a few trinkets. I picked up not of the letters. 

"Do you want to be friends? 

-From kid behind you to the left."

I turned seeing the boy and he smiled at me and waved a bit. I smiled and nodded and his smile got even wider if that was possible. I folded the letter and placed it in my pencil case before the teacher could see.

I put that note back in the shoe box and pulled out another one.

"Want to go hang at the mall?

-D.G."

I looked next to me at Dick. "Sure." I answered.

"Great!" He said. "I'll meet you at the gate." he said and the bell rang and class started. 

"You could've verbally asked me you know." I whispered. 

"..I know..." he said and I smiled.

I sighed and put the rest of the notes in the box and took a few photos and looked through them.

There were pictures that we took from those photo booths inside malls, along with some from theaters and other places. Each one having a certain filter for that location. The one from the mall we had on goofy sunglasses and shopping bags from random stores. The movie theatre had us sharing a tub of popcorn, etc etc.

I put everything away and grabbed the slip with Dick's number and threw it in as well. "...Ridiculous.." I said and went to take a shower since I still had work the next day.

~~~~~

"Dick, it's been a week. She's not going to call." Jason said cleaning his guns.

".. You don't know that. She could just be busy with work." Dick said fiddling wth his phone.

"What you did was cruel man." Jason said looking at him.

"I know, you don't have to remind me." Dick said staring at his phone. 

~~~~~

I ordered some takeout food and was currently waiting for it to be delivered. I was watching TV, passing the time. The doorbell rang and I went to get my wallet and opened the door, expecting the delivery guy, only to see it was Dick. "Hey." he smiled.

".. what are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I paid the delivery guy for you." he said and handed me the food.

"Thanks.." I said and took the food from him.

"Can we talk?" he asked.