17: Dates And Drama

Unknown

Unknown

It has recently reached my attention that the police have launched an investigation into my...incident, shall we call it? Honestly, it has made me absolutely thrilled to know that this fire is being treated with as much respect as it should be!

Positively delighted, I am! It's the sweetest feeling, passing by Stephanie's house and seeing the damage done. The once light brown wood now a strong, captivating black.

The slightest smell of smoke lingers in the air, and I breathe it in, sighing as the pleasant scent reaches my nose.

Such a shame that it didn't work in the way I intended it to, things would be so much simpler if she had died. Then only Sebastian would remain, and the process would be so much easier.

Alas, both still live, standing and breathing as though nothing has happened. It irritates me to see how unaffected they are, seeing them both laugh in the childish way that they do. Too bad, now their deaths will have to be in a more grim fashion. They just didn't take me seriously.

Joel

I'm in a moment of crisis. So this is what it feels like, not knowing what to wear!

I stare at my wardrobe a moment longer, my eyes brushing past the clothes I've deemed unsuitable. No, no, no, I keep repeating until I realise there's nothing left to push aside.

Panicking, I dial Stephanie's number.

"Stephanie!"

She sounds surprised, "Joel? Is something wrong?"

"The date!" I yell, and she laughs.

"Yes, Sonia told me. It's so sweet you two are doing this, you've always been perfect for each other. I imagine there must be another reason for this frantic call though?"

"Yes! I can't find anything to wear! Nothing!"

She sighs. "Joel, she's Sonia. She doesn't care what you wear in the least. But if you are looking for some advice then I think you should wear that polo shirt you have. You know the white one, yeah? Also, wear the black pants you wore to the last school dance. They were adorable on you."

"Adorable isn't really the look I'm going for," I mutter.

"Aww Joel, you're just stressed. Come on, trust me, she'll love it."

"Alright..." I say and she hangs up.

Yes, I can do this.

Not.

Sonia

Clothes, clothes, clothes! What to wear? Goodness, I've never been so appalled of my clothes before!