06: No More Treachery

Sonia

Sonia

Since Stephanie still isn't speaking to us, Joel and I walk to school together.

"I still can't believe she yelled at us like that! She's never done that before," Joel's sighs, running a hand through his hair, frustratedly.

"Of course she hasn't. Sebastian has manipulated her, and now she's turning on us. It's seriously so unreasonable!"

"I wouldn't go that far. Although he has a lot to do with it, Sebastian isn't really that bad a guy. Apart from the two-timing thing, of course."

"Yeah, he seemed pretty perfect for her," I admit, then realise something strange and look at Joel confusedly. "Did you just compliment Sebastian?"

He stares at his shoes uncomfortably, "I suppose."

I give his shoulder a gentle squeeze, "You're an amazing person Joel, I'm sure Stephanie will see that one day."

He splutters and his cheeks flush lightly, "What? Why does Stephanie need to see that? Why her? Wait, you think I'm an amazing person?"

I laugh at his panicked face and change the subject swiftly, "It's a great day today. Look, the sky is actually blue."

Joel tilts his head up and looks as well, "Oh. That's more then slightly concerning. Did someone paint the sky?"

"Hmm, highly doubtful," I tell him. "Obviously it's a hologram. Aliens are attacking and they need to make it seem like an ordinary day. Too bad that they don't know about pollution, I'll get my busting outfit ready."

He's stunned for a moment, "Of course, everything I've known is a lie! The sky is a front! Unleash the secret weapon!"

"Yes," I pause dramatically. "The chocolate launcher."

He tries to maintain a solemn expression and nods seriously for a moment, but eventually bursts out laughing.

"I'm outraged! You dare to mock the sacred chocolate launcher?" I giggle, punching his arm lightly.

"I am deeply apologetic, I fear I've forgotten my place. Of course I will continue to worship the creator of our existence." We burst into a fit of giggles.

"You're ridiculous, you know that, right?" He smiles at me.

"I've learnt from the best! How could I not be?" I exclaim, giving him a wink. He goes quiet for a moment, and I look a him, concerned.

"Is something the matter?" I ask curiously.

"Well, I need to admit something. I've been hiding it for a long time and I know it will come as an unexpected shock, but I can't keep it a secret any longer. I have feelings for Stephanie," He admits with a troubled sigh.