Valentine's day

(Authors POV)

Jungkook let out a breath, holding the rose and mini heart against his chest. He was waiting for Hyemi to show up on the rooftop. She had come up to the roof during lunch every chance she got. He bit his lip nervous out of his mind. She hadn't talked to him much but they had sat next to each other for almost every year. She had sat next to the window and always looked out or had been taking a nap. She was an average girl not noticed by others except for her best friend Park Jimin and her secret admirer Jeon Jungkook. He tried to slightly calm his heartbeat. He was nervous out of his mind. Soon he broke out of his nervous trance once he heard the door being pushed open. He looked at the entrance of the door from behind the wall of the roof entrance. Once the door was opened he heard light laughter introduced to the quiet rooftop. Hyemi has entered the rooftop with Jimin by her side both laughing and holding hands. Jungkook's heart clenched at the scene. The arm that held a rose and the heart containing chocolates had fallen down to his thigh. He put his back against the wall and slid down sitting down. He knew that Jimin and Hyemi were close but it didn't stop his heart from clenching whenever he saw the 2 together.

"So... Hyemi I thought that it was finally the perfect time to tell you this." He pulled out a large red chocolate heart from a sort of gift bag. "I don't want to be just your best friend anymore. I want to be more than that. What I'm trying to say is, will you be my girlfriend?" Jimin's eyes glistened with hope while Hyemi dropped her white glittery gift bag. Her hands had covered her mouth as her widened eyes started to tear up. "I-I'm sorry Jimin... I can't accept your feelings... I believed that you thought of me as a little sister... After all, you know I actually like Jungkook. You've known that for over a year." Hyemi broke down in front of Jimin as Jungkook widened his eyes at the new information.

Jimin let out an annoyed groan. "You know he doesn't like you! You have to move on from him already! And who better to use to get over him than me?" Jimin screamed at the crying girl. Jungkook quickly got up on his feet. He made his way towards the pair. "Stop shouting at her! You're acting like it's easy to change your feelings towards someone. And you have to remember how she feels specifically towards you. She sees you as a brotherly figure. So just give her some space right now." Jungkook spoke his mind towards Jimin feeling aggravated at his attitude just before his eyes. Jimin was speechless and just stared at the crying girl. His eyes softened and he left the rooftop in guilt.

Jungkook wrapped his arms around Hyemi. He let the girl pour out her feelings into his chest. Hyemi hugged him back needing the support. After a while, Hyemi's sobs quieted down. Jungkook pulled away from the hug and looked down at the girl. She wiped her eyes and sniffled her nose. "T-thanks.. and I'm sorry about what you just heard.." Hyemi looked down and slightly blushed. She noticed the rose and red heart in his hand. He was probably waiting for someone she thought. "I'm sorry. You were probably waiting for someone. I'll go." Hyemi picked up her gift back and was about to head out of the door before Jungkook held her wrist stopping her.

"S-Stop... I was waiting for you.." Jungkook's cheeks flushed a light red as he looked down shyly. "I've liked you since the middle of freshman year. I loved that way you stared out the window without a care in the world, I loved the way you played the piano after school without anyone knowing, I love the way you sing beautifully, I love the way you tap your feet when you listen to music, I love how whenever Ms. Lee calls you to answer a question when you're sleeping you get it right with no problem, I just love everything about you. So will you be my Valentine?" Hyemi teared up before jumping into Jungkook's arms saying yes. Jungkook smiled and hugged the girl tightly against him.

"I'll wait for you after school okay?" Hyemi nodded pulling away from Jungkook. He handed her the rose and red heart as she handed him a card and a candy bag. "I also prepared something for you.." She blushed. Jungkook smiled about to open the card before Hyemi stopped him. "Open it later." Jungkook and Hyemi returned to class. For the rest of the day, Jimin didn't show his face to Hyemi. He had probably felt embarrassed after the scene on the rooftop. During class, Jungkook curiously looked at the letter Hyemi gave to him. He looked over at her and saw her napping. He opened the letter and started reading it.