Chapter 9: Divination

Everyone is now in Divination Class and the teacher, Professor Esmeralda is preparing the materials needed. Two students talking to each other are seated behind every table with a Crystal ball placed on it. Gusion sat beside Ling Finch on their assigned table located in the middle. Behind them, Claude and Hanabi sat with each other. Claude was playing with his Crystal ball, curiosity pouring in his eyes. However on the left table beside Gusion, Guinevere sat with Kagura.

"Hey Guin."

"Yes?" Guinevere responded.

"Is there something wrong?" Kagura asked. She noticed how she frowned and looked odd today.

"Oh it's nothing."

"Well okay then. Hey, I'll be back in a while, 'kay?" Then Kagura walked out the room.

Meanwhile, Guinevere looked at Gusion, not feeling well.

"Gusion," Guinevere called out.

Gusion turned his head to her while he was talking to Ling. He told Ling to talk with Claude and Hanabi for a while.

"I feel unnerved in Franco's class."

"Why?" Now she got his attention.

"Because I noticed there's something going on between you and that Vance witch." she respond.

"I saw you holding each other's hand. Also, you looked at each other, brushing your nose with hers", Guin was annoyed, looking jealous. Gusion's heart thumped against his chest with nervousness

"It was just an accident because she was scared of the Thestral you know. I didn't expect that to happen. What's wrong with that? Look, I don't care about Vance." Gusion lied, putting up an annoyed face.

"Accident huh? Listen Gusion, you have to be vigilant next time. We're highly Purebloods and we're gonna get married after we graduate. I don't want you to interact with other witches, especially her." she whispered angrily, her brows knotted.

Gusion had no choice so he agreed with her, he felt broken inside but he concealed it from others, especially Guinevere. Kagura went back to Guinevere's table and chatted with her. Gusion set his eyes on Lesley, sitting beside Granger, smiling. He was so tired of following the line of a Pureblood, he wanted to be free.

"Okay class, I'm going to predict your future." Professor Esmeralda said.

"Everyone look closely at the Crystal Ball and see what's inside." The whole class grudgingly followed, looking bored because they saw nothing. Lesley peered at the crystal ball, while Granger was yawning.

Professor Esmeralda sat on her chair and put her hands around her crystal ball. Then she looked at her students.

"I can see your future within here." she said.

Gusion gave a lazy look at the crystal ball while Ling put his left hand on his face while looking it. Guinevere, however, didn't care about Esmeralda's prediction. She told herself this subject was useless but it's part of her studies so she needs to attend. Also, her prediction was very ridiculous. She gave a frawn look while Esmeralda predicted their future.

"I feel bored in this class." Granger yawned.

"Shut it! She'll be offended." Lesley cried. She didn't complain about divination compared to Guinevere.

Few minutes later, Esmeralda trembled, making her fall out of the chair. The students watched her.

"I see you are in great danger!" she said, looking scared. Everyone wondered who the student she predicted is.