Chapter 37: A Sorrowful Night

"I cannot believe that my student was a Muggle-born." The potions teacher Professor Gord said to other teachers. 

"Me too, I kinda overheard it before that Lesley Vance is a Muggle-born and not a Pureblood." Professor Diggie added. "When Gusion Paxley was calling her an insulting word." 

"Pretty disappointing for my Gryffindor student." The headmistress Alice said and sighed. "Maybe she is too ashamed to tell the truth to all of us. She is a good student and also a seeker, all though, I can forgive her for not telling the truth." 

"Very sad for Ms. Vance", the headmaster Estes stated. "Let's just give her a moment to tell us the truth. On the other hand, I felt bad for the Slytherin seeker, Gusion Paxley."

Everything went silent except the music played by the Astronomy teacher Professor Mal right now because the second batch remained dancing at the Noel Wizarding Ball, all witches and wizards were trying to forget what happened earlier. The lights of the Great Hall were adjusted so it seems a bit darker in the view. 

"His fianceé and my Ravenclaw student Guinevere Baroque scolded them. Baroque is an outstanding witch I knew at her level." Gord said in a deep voice. 

"I hope she wouldn't kill her for stealing her fiancé because she said that  she was going to do it during my Divination class." Esmeralda the Divination teacher said in a trembling and informing voice. "Anyway, where is Roger?"

Some of the Professors were searching for Professor Roger the D.A.D.A teacher. Others were murmuring to each other. The second batch went to the loop part of their dance steps and it looked sorrowful to look at. However, Gord glanced at the Great Hall's window with the moon shining on it. 

"Quite strange", Gord said in a serious voice as he looked at the moon. "I saw from the previous days that Roger was leaving Hogwarts every night." 

Meanwhile, when the event is still going on, Lesley sits alone on the staircase on the west lower floor at Hogwarts, crying desperately because of what happened earlier. She still remembered what Guinevere and Hanabi did to her with Gusion that made her heart filled with wounds. On the other hand, Guinevere exposed her being a Muggle-born in front of other people. Now everyone, especially Gryffindors knew the truth about her as their seeker. Her pretty face looked like a mess because of her tears. Luckily, no one is there to watch her like that because it's her personal space. Right now, she didn't know what happened to Gusion although she knew that he was now in the Slytherin house because Guinevere persuaded him. She didn't know what to do right now because everything about her was exposed. Yes, she admitted to herself that it was her mistake that she didn't tell the truth about her real blood status to anyone except her family and her friends. But being with Gusion is not probably a mistake because he admitted the truth about his family and his marriage with Baroque, even though there is a bit since she has been with him even though he is engaged. She continued crying her heart out  as random thoughts came to her. She felt ashamed to go back to the Great Hall and her best night turned into the worst night ever. 

Suddenly, her two best friends Granger Chanter and Lunox Harmony came to her after they looked for her earlier. Both of them were so worried about her. Lesley noticed them two but she ignored them for a while because she was not yet comfortable facing another witch or wizard after the disastrous and sorrowful moment. Lunox gestured to Granger to give Lesley some comfort because she and him went along well in their houses. Granger agreed with her but Lunox said that she would comfort her too since she is her only friend in Gryffindor. Granger came close to Lesley at the staircase and sat beside her. He caressed her back gently to comfort her then Lesley looked at him, looking messy. She still had the rose necklace that Gusion gave to her.