Chapter 50: The Second Part of O.W.L.s Week

Time passes so swiftly that most students and teachers didn't notice the time passing by in every lecture hour. It feels like each day is like one-hour passes. It was probably because of the compilations and short discussion adjustments. In that scenario, the second part of Ordinary Wizarding Level Examination week for the fifth-years has finally come to Hogwarts. It was followed by the Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests or N.E.W.T.s for the seventh year which occurred in the Room of Requirement since they had a rehearsal for their graduation for the following days. The other year's levels were given a regular examination so Hogwarts must deserve a very silent piece so the students were going to focus hard. The students in overall levels who were still unable to comply in overall subjects after the due date are hoping that the teachers were given another chance to comply next week. That included Lesley's brother and best friend, Harley Vance and Granger Chanter, who were still incomplete in some of his subjects.

Meanwhile, the fifth-years were now present in the Great Hall where their O.W.L.s Examination would take place in. The subjects taken in the second part will be Ancient Runes, Arithmancy, Muggle Studies, Astronomy, and Divinations, as the Headmistress Professor Alice posted last week on the noticing board. Therefore, this examination was for Minor Subjects as the first part was for Major Subjects of this school. Lesley Vance of course, studied beforehand since last Saturday after she finished all of her recent tasks including some practical tasks. She also studied yesterday since it was Sunday at that time. She made sure that her brain had a stock of lots of knowledge for the tests. Granger, on the other hand, was a couch potato to study last weekend but his best friend forced him to study, together with himself too since this is especially the last examination before the term ended. In that case, he had half a stock of knowledge in his brain for the tests. On the bright side, the test for today and tomorrow they would take is only one subject and they would go out after taking the test.

"Okay students," Professor Alice walked by in front of the Great Hall. "The tests will begin in a few minutes. I hope you study well before the examination day and you all know what subject you will take today. Of course, Lou Yi, also known as the leader of the Wizarding Examination Authority, is still your mentor for your second part of Ordinary Wizarding Level Examination."

The fifth-years sighed and wished themselves good luck for their tests. They already sat at their desks where they sat before at the first part last December. Inks and quill pens were already provided by the Ministry of Magic and they also provided some extra bottles in case they ran out of ink, just like what happened to Lesley last time. Professor Alice however, walked towards the fifth year's desks as a gesture that she must leave the Great Hall right now. She waved at the fifth-years and she told them that they can do it, especially since this is already a final exam for them. Once she left the Great Hall, Luo Yi or Professor Luo as to be called, walked in front of the Great Hall and smiled. Her outfit is still the same as they saw her for the first time. She saw the fifth-years already had their quill pens on their hands.

"Okay everyone," Luo Yi announced as she prepared her wand and papers. "The test for today you are going to take will be Astronomy. The rules in taking the test are still the same as the first part. Cheating tools will be monitored when the test starts."

Professor Luo immediately distributed all of the test papers to each of the fifth years' desks by casting them a charm. Once the papers were distributed, Lesley Vance scanned the test items and the questions so she would know what would be the answer. Her eyes felt confident compared to before but she wouldn't expect she might be the top one when the results came. Scanning the test items before answering has always been her habit every time she takes the test. Granger Chanter, however, was not happy about this. Granger being Granger when it comes to this kind of scenario. Lunox Harmony wanted to answer the test so badly that she already put her quill with ink into her paper. But Luo Yi didn't give them yet a signal to start taking the test.