43

Brian's P.O.V.

Tonight was the last but one gig of our first tour. I loved the shows and everything about it, but I had to admit it was really exhausting and I was already looking forward to stop for a while and get some rest. Also, we were really close to our homes, so after the very last show, which would take place tomorrow, we were free to go and sleep in our own apartments again, after such a long time.
I was talking to Rog in our dressing room, and we were discussing his moving to my place. We would leave moving his stuff over to me and selling his flat on later this week, but he was going home with me already after tomorrow's gig. We both just couldn't wait to finally live together.

I popped into the neighboring room, to get some water, in a minute being back, but by that time Rog was gone. I guess he went to the bathroom. He seemed kind of nervous today. I supposed it was because this was nearly the last gig- for some reason, I felt more nervous that usually too.
I couldn't help but smile for myself. I was so proud of him, and so relieved that he quit drinking before every gig. I was really starting to get worried about his health- physical as well as mental. But now, everything was just alright.

I sat down and took a sip of my water just when Fred and Deaks stormed into the room, being followed by the blonde.
"Hey guys-" I started, getting up from my seat.
"Hush, hush, there's no time to waste, we're on!" Fred interrupted me, passing by me in a rush, however still being the diva he always is.
Sometimes I would get mad by this acting of his, which after a while you knew him, was getting really annoying, but not today.
I joined Rog at the end of the little parade, intertwining my hand with his.
"Hi," I whispered, pressing a quick kiss on his cheek. "You ready?"
He smiled, blinking and staring ahead of him before turning his gaze to me.
"Yeah," he replied with a weak voice.
"Great," I grinned. "You know what?"
"What?"
"Just two more nights, and then you're moving in with me!"
Roger's smile only grew and he returned me the kiss on cheek. "Can't wait."
"Me neither."
"Oh come on you two lovebirds, move it!" Came a shout from the lead singer, who was already waiting for us at the entrance of the stage.

——————

As we exited the stage, none of us were in a particularly good mood.
"Hey, where did Rog go?" I asked, when I turned around and the blonde was gone, even though he was walking by my side just a second ago.
"No idea," Deaky replied with a slightly annoyed tone in voice, which was very unusual to hear from him. Most of the time, he stayed calm and positive. "But did you notice him on stage? He hardly knew what to play!"
"He hardly managed to play," Fred grunted, not even bothering to hide his disappointment.
"He's been acting kind of weird today," I admitted, shrugging my shoulders. Of course I noticed Rog's mistakes in his performance. It was true that he clearly didn't know the songs' order, and often was offbeat. He never was like this. I started being worried. He could be sick or something. "Maybe he's ill."
"Oh we would hear him complaining if he was! He always makes sure we know and feel sorry for him!" The singer shot back, leaning his fists against hips.
"No need to be so toxic Fred," John admonished him softly. "It could be true. Roger did seem odd today to me as well."
"I'll go look for him," with that I turned around and left the two in the dressing room.

I wondered where could the drummer only be as I was walking through the alleyways in the backstage. Bathroom. Yeah. He could have just gone to the bathroom. That makes sense.
I turned around the corner, and entered the door to the men's restroom. Surprisingly, there wasn't a single soul inside.
Now, just this quickly, I ran out of reasonable options where could Roger be. I hadn't been left no option but to search throughout the entire backstage, room by room.
I opened numerous doors already and looked through all the rooms behind them, and now was just standing in front of the next ones. I didn't expect Roger to be here, as already searched through half of the building and didn't find him yet. But I had to check.
I didn't knock, grasped the door handle and pushed the door open.