25

Roger's P.O.V.

"Roger," Brian blurted out as we stumbled into the flat. With my free hand I shut the door behind us and sat him carefully on my couch in the living room. "You saved me." He started at me, narrowing his eyes as if he couldn't see me properly. Along with the enormous relief that I helped Brian before he was hurt, and with the worry and stress I now felt for him and the state he was in, this situation was incredibly funny, making it nearly impossible for me to not laugh at some points, or not cry at others. I've never seen him so drunk. I don't think he ever even was drunk. He's gonna have a hell of a morning.
"Yeah I did," I nodded, bending on one knee to untie and remove his shoes, as I counted with him staying for the night- I would let him leave anyways.
"Roger," he looked down at me.
"Yess?" I stopped, placing my chin on my hands, laid on his knee, gazing up at him.
"Ar-re you an angel?"
"I don't know," I chuckled, returning back to his shoes. "Probably not."
"You look lik-e an angel."
"That's good."
"I think you're an-angel."
I couldn't help but smile and I even felt blush creeping up on my cheeks. I was shocked by it, and a bit embarrassed, but Brian was totally out, so he won't notice or remember anything at all- so who cared.

"As far as I know, I'm not," I sighed with a smirk, throwing his boots in the corner of the room, getting up from the ground, undressing him from his outdoor jacket and hanging it on the coat stand along with mine. "Do you want some tea?"
"Wh-where are you g-going?" He sat upright as I made few steps away to the next room.
"Just the kitchen. I'm here, I'm not going anywhere," I assured him, stopping. "Do you want some tea? Coffee? Water?"
"D-dont go an-nywhere. P-please don't leave. Plea-se," he mumbled, his voice suddenly weak and shaking. His whole body started shivering very lightly, and as soon as I saw tears glistening in his eyes, I gave up everything, rushing to him at the sofa, wrapping my hands around him tightly as I could hold myself back anymore.

"Oh my poor Bri," I whispered softly, patting his back gently, him accepting the hug and snuggling close to me. His body was warm, however shaking, and felt suddenly weak and somehow unhealthy. Tears trailed down his cheeks, he tried to hide them, burying his face in my shoulder, but I still noticed.
"Don't worry. I'll stay here. I'll be here the whole night. For my whole life. I'll never leave you, alright?"
"Alright," he sniffled.
"Everything is okay. I'm here. I'll help you."
"Y-You're always here."
"Of course I am."
"Thank you."
"You don't have to thank me. I'll do it forever. For you and only you, understand?" I pulled away for a bit, one of my hands still around his shoulders, lifting his chin and forcing him to look at me with the other. I didn't know what I was doing. I left all my thinking somewhere behind and I acted only on my pure emotions. Which, unfortunately, I can't even describe them, nor understand them.
"Now, will you tell me how did you get here? Did those guys hurt you?" I asked softly, gazing deep into his eyes.
"N-no. No. I didn't like them. It was j-just- saying so-mething. About a princess. Will you save he-er too, angel?" He stuttered, his presence half here and half somewhere in his own world. I really hoped, begged, he won't remember the princess.
"Sure," I forced a slight smile. "How did you even get here? Can you remember."
He yawned, leaning his head against my shoulder, completely out off nowhere. I stopped, staring at him all red in shock, but not backing away. I leaned my back against the couch, letting him rest on me, my hand around him, holding him comfortingly.

"I w-walked? I don't know."
"Alright."
I stayed silent for a while and he didn't speak either. I started blankly at the wall in front of us, combing his hair with my fingers. I knew I was acting as a hysterical mother asking her child, but i was truly worried about Brian. I thought all this questions will make me feel better, but they didn't. In the back of my mind, I had a dark thought, that something must have gone terribly wrong that he is like thins now.

"Bri?" I whispered, wondering whether he hadn't fell asleep yet.
"Hm," came back from him.
"Is something wrong? Did something happen?"
He didn't answer. He didn't even move, but I knew he heard me, and he understood as well.
"Bri?" I asked, shifting on the sofa, looking into his eyes and holding his cold hand in mine. Why did I feel such a need to touch him, feel his skin?
He looked up, and I revealed his face trailed with tears.
"It's E-Esther," he sobbed, his eyes twitching.
My breath got stuck in my neck and my heart skipped a beat. Whatever this bitch did to him, however she hurt him, she's gonna pay. She made him happy. He loved her. So much. He would give everything for her, his own life. And she broke his heart. She put him in danger like this. I somehow trusted her. Because of her I was torturing myself every day, all day long. Because I wanted the best for Brian- and that was with her. And she broke it all to dust.
"S-she is... She d-did... she was-s," Brian started stuttering, words coming out of his mouth, along with his panic rising and more and more tears escaping his beautiful glistening eyes.
"Ah, it's alright," I hugged him tightly, his heads resting on my shoulder again.
"S-she was-a with another g-guy," he mumbled. In my- my flat. In my be-ed. S-she said it wa-s a cust-customer. She-s a slut Ro-oger."

As he started speaking he couldn't stop. He was stuttering and his words sunk in each other, interrupted by his hiccups and sniffs. The pain in his voice made tears form in my own eyes. I couldn't take it. I wanted to help him, get all his pain away and make him happy, make him laugh. But I didn't know how.

"You knew it Ro-oger," he sniffed. I couldn't answer as I knew my voice would crack if I did. I didn't even know what to answer. Before, I thought I was acting right, not telling him. But was I really? I had no idea. A tear escaped the corner of my eye, making its way down my cheek, but I still managed to hold back.
"My-y angel, Roger, y-you knew it," he repeated silently. "Why did-dn't you tell m-me?"
Finally, I busted in despair and sadness, wailing, while holding onto Brian still.
"Roger."
I opened my eyes, sniffling and crying as a baby, when it should be me comforting Brian. Nothing happened to me. Brian needed help.
He was sitting there, gazing into my eyes.
"At-re you cry-ing? Why ar-re you cryin-g?" He whispered, frowning in worry.
"I didn't want to hurt you," I explained. "I'm sorry. You were happy with her. I didn't want to destroy your happiness."
He stayed silent, still frowning, looking at me with sorry. Suddenly, he brought his hand up to my cheek, holding it, wet tear trails on his own face.

"You did-n't destroy i-it. You ar-re my hap-piness," he said very quietly, leaning in, pressing his incredibly soft lips against mine, so gently. I froze in shock, but not moving away the slightest bit. When our lips connected a wave of energy ran though my whole body and heart rate speeded up as it never did before. The warmth of his lips, the aroma of his, just his presence so close, it made my head spin. It all brought a new feeling to my mind and body, the best I ever experienced. I forgot about everything. All as gone, the struggles, worries a the scary world out the door. It was just me and Brian. Brian and me. Brian and his soft lips pressed against mine. Brian, the one and only. Brian, with the softest, most gentle personality and the purest soul. Brian. My Brian.

He pulled away slowly, his cheeks red, avoiding eye contact with me.
"You're my-my angel-l," he mumbled as he laid on me again. I heard how his voice was disappearing a s he was falling asleep. I was still in shock and amazement from the kiss, I couldn't be even disappointed he probably didn't mean it as he was drunk, and won't even remember it.
"I love you," I whispered in his hair.

He didn't reply. He was already asleep.

Its 1.31 here. Am I willing to go to sleep? No.