~~~~~39~~~~~

*cough cough*

IN THE YEAR OF 39 ASSEMBLED HERE THE VOLUNTEERS, IN THE DAYS WHEN THE LANDS WERE FEW

Thank u for you attention

Oh and, in this chapter I'm being kinda like unfair to Rog, with the opinions he has, I know they're not true, and I don't want u to take them seriously, I'll make it up for ya later in the story

John's P.O.V.

I held Freddie's hand, laid on the table, while sipping my tea and watching him over the top of the cup.
We were sitting in a busy coffee, enjoying our breakfast. We went out because we were bored and hungry in the hotel and now we were just waiting for Rog and Bri to arrive.
"What is it?" He asked as soon as he noticed me staring at him. He rested his chin on the palm of his free hand, returning me my gaze deeply, smiling.
"I'm watching you."
"Why?"
"Adoring the beauty."
His smile widened and blush crept on his cheeks. It was very rare to see those through the seemingly cool mask he wore.
He leaned in and pressed a quick kiss on my cheek. He didn't care if anyone saw us. With him, neither did I. I could as well shout it out loud into the whole world. That I loved him. With my whole heart. I really loved Freddie Mercury.
"Then you should look in the mirror," he replied after pulling away.
"Oh," I chuckled. "Stop it."
"I'm serious. You'll be stunned."
"Come on," I let out a laugh, poking him playfully.
"You really should check it out," he poked me back, giggling as a child.

The bell at the entrance of the cafe rang, announcing a new customer. Both me and the raven haired man looked up. The drummer and guitarist of our band were just stepping into the room.
"Good that you're finally here," Freddie said as soon as they approached our table and sat down next to us. "We thought you would never come."
"Good morning to you too," Brian greeted him mockingly.
"What took you so long?"
"Oh Fred, stop bickering," the blonde groaned. "It's not even noon yet."
"For God's sake," Fred just rolled his eyes.
I let out a laugh, watching the hilarious conversation in between those three.
"What are you laughing at," the singer turned towards me with a smirk.
"Nothing," I replied, trying to calm down and play it cool.
"Do I seem ridiculous to you?" He poked me and out of the blue started tickling me.
"Oh no, not at all! Stop it!" I shrieked, bursting out in laughter, and trying to get away from him as I was extremely kittle.
"I won't!"
"My god, you two, get a room!" I heard Roger yell from behind.
"Fred Anyways, why were you so bitchy about us coming late?" Brian wondered.
"Oh!" Fred immediately shot up straight and turned their attention back to them. Not that I would mind, being tickled was really dreadful, making me laugh out loud which everyone in the cafe could hear. Too much attention. Well alright, maybe somewhere deep inside I did mind. A bit. I'm fact, to be completely honest, I wanted all of him just for myself.

"I have to tell you guys. I was so excited about it."
"So what is it?" The guitarist asked.
"A song. I was thinking of it for quite a while. I kind of told it to Deaky earlier, but just now I got the perfect idea for it whole," Freddie excitedly chattered.
"Cool. How's it called?" Roger stepped in.
"Bohemian Rhaosody."
"Bohemian what?"
"Rhaosody. Bohemian Rhapsody."
"What's a 'rhapsody'? And while we're at it, what's 'bohemian'?"
"Oh god, Blondie," Fred rolled his eyes with an annoyed groan again.
"What?" Rog defended himself. "No one will even know what it means."
"No, no, no. Only you don't know what it means."
"That seriously offends me."
"You can't just name songs: 'a song about a guy who was a bitch and kind of died.' It's meant to be mystic!"
"It's not mystic, it's confusing."
"I think it's good," Brian spoke up, interrupting the growing argument between Fred and Roger.
"You do?" The black haired man lit up, and his enthusiasm returned.
"You do?" The blonde frowned in disbelief.
"Yeah. Of course. Sounds interesting. Tell us more about it," Brian ignored Roger and turned back to Fred.

And the charming man started chattering and blabbering, and the river of his words and thoughts filled out all the time until it was time to go for lunch.

Brian's P.O.V.

"So what do you think of Fred's song?" Roger asked me as we were walking down the street, hand in hand, towards the sunset.
There weren't many people out, so we allowed ourselves to hold hands even in public for once. I still didn't want many people to know. I wasn't ashamed or anything. That could never happen. But I knew people. People didn't always understand what actually is a LGBT+ relationship and were unwilling to listen to the explanation. Their reactions can be various, and their opinions on our relationship can make them to do extreme things which could seriously affect our career. So no, not yet. Maybe later. For sure later. I didn't want to live my whole life, hiding who I am, hiding who I really love, not stand out and be an image of rebellion and maybe hope for the people out there with the same problem. But now it really wasn't time.

"As I said before," I chuckled and smiled, sending a one quick glance down at him. "I think it's a good idea. And from this good idea, we can together make an amazing song."
"Ugh, Bri," he groaned, rolling his eyes for at least the millionth time this day. "What even is 'Bohemian Rhapsody'?"
"The name of Freddie's song."
The murderous stare he sent me made me burst out in laughter.
"Come on, Rog, you can't criticize no, you haven't even heard it yet," I scolded him softly with a smile.
"In fact, I can, cause I can do anything the hell I want. And well, I've heard the whole idea, and it just sounded stupid."
"That doesn't count."
"Of course it does."
"It does not. You may have understood Fred's idea a different way than he intended. Just, wait until you actually hear it, and then you're free to judge just as much as you want."
"Ugh, Alright," he sighed after a moment of silent grumpy stomping next to me. "But I'm doing this just for you."
I laughed again, wrapping my arm around his shoulders, pulling him closer.
"Of course you do. And you act like a small little baby."
"And You love it," he smirked, pulling a strand of my hair lightly, winking at me.
"Well I can't deny that," I leaned in and placed a quick peck on his blushing cheek. "I love every single piece of you."

Roger's P.O.V.

The tour was continuing and time, along with life was passing by us in a blink of an eye. We toured the whole England and returned to London to finish the three more gigs which were left. That's where the biggest crowds were expected.
By any chance I didn't get used to t he  concerts. The crowds and stuff. I stuck to my tradition, and kept on drinking regularly, before every gig at least three cans of beer and a shot of something stronger. Or a bottle of wine and a shot. Or just half a bottle of vodka. Who cared. It only mattered to me to have enough alcohol in my blood to keep me stable and cool. After shows we often went to clubs or bars to celebrate, so I basically bot drunk every other night. Which probably is not really great for your health. But again, who cared.
I was slowly, but surely becoming and alcoholic. But I hardly noticed. This was the only chance for me. There was no other way. I didn't have a choice.

I could say that life was going on and it was fine. I already knew what to do, so I always prepared my alcohol early before the show started, and always found a place where I could drink it alone so no one would know. I was careful and I never allowed myself to forget. I would give up nearly anything in the world just not to get into those horrid states of mine. Which I fortunately managed to avoid, just thanks to my carefulness.

Everything was going just fine. That's what I thought to that one night, when I forgot to bring a drink to the gig and there was absolutely none near to be found.

And you thought you could get more than 1 chapter that's only soft and happy n positive??!! Haha, well yes, but actually nO

Sorry, this one is a bit short but just wait for the next one ;)

Oh and the historical facts don't really match, but as I said earlier, just deal with it pls

Thank for reads, votes and comments n of course #6 in maylor! Keep it up ❤️